+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apologies if already mentioned..re handball at Millwall yesterday..

Re: Apologies if already mentioned..re handball at Millwall yesterday..

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    To be fair I'd be fed up of defending my decisions to players that question and argue every decision, every match, no matter how clear cut they may be too. I can imagine it's the sort of job where even when you go home and your kids question your choice for dinner, you wave them away.
    It's part of his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    To be fair I'd be fed up of defending my decisions to players that question and argue every decision, every match, no matter how clear cut they may be too. I can imagine it's the sort of job where even when you go home and your kids question your choice for dinner, you wave them away.
    Thing is when you act so arrogantly about something you've got so badly wrong, you make yourself look incompetent. If he'd said to the players "look, from the angle I'm at I didn't see it clearly enough" then the players would still be angry but at least they'd understand.

The best refs communicate to players, they don't wave them away dismissively when they've just dropped a massive clanger.

Watching the video again mind I'm baffled as to why the linesman didn't flag for it, he had a perfect view.

What goes around comes around..
    We got away with one tonight...when it was also 0.0

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    What goes around comes around..
    We got away with one tonight...when it was also 0.0
    Did we? First 'incident' was a clear dive by O'Hare. That should have resulted in a free kick to us and maybe a yellow card to him. The second incident was clumsy and could well have been a pelanty if O'Hare hadn't tried to cheat two seconds before! But he did. Both incidents let go - fair result.

Mark Robins made very little of it.

I like him (nothing to do with the pelanty claim). Honest, fair and a very good manager at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Did we? First 'incident' was a clear dive by O'Hare. That should have resulted in a free kick to us and maybe a yellow card to him. The second incident was clumsy and could well have been a pelanty if O'Hare hadn't tried to cheat two seconds before! But he did. Both incidents let go - fair result.

Mark Robins made very little of it.

I like him (nothing to do with the pelanty claim). Honest, fair and a very good manager at this level.

...don't see many free kicks given for diving lately..they just tell them to get up..although Flint did run across him

I'm nostalgic for free kicks in the box.

Bring them back I say. If some incidents go to VAR and still inconclusive, give a free kick in the box.

I miss them.