+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 COVENTRY CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 COVENTRY CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yeah it will happen. Really didn’t think he had the ability or maybe confidence. For me he looks a different player and adapted his game.
    He's played like it for the u23. How's that adapting?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Really good performance. Thought we did well defensively and grew into the game. Credit to Morrison for changing it.

Also need to say Vaulks had a good game. All the shit I've given him all season and have to say that was a good performance by him.

Hell of a save by Smithies.
    Do you think he's had a talking to over his diving in and overall kamikaze way of playing? Seemed calmer and if seemed to benefit him.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do you think he's had a talking to over his diving in and overall kamikaze way of playing? Seemed calmer and if seemed to benefit him.
    Yes, he was a different player out there tonight. I just mentioned in another thread that I thought he looked happier and his body language was good. If he's had some advice and coaching then let's hope it sticks. It's been bad season for him and I hope it ends more positively.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He's played like it for the u23. How's that adapting?
    Ok adapting how he plays in the first team. His performances are changed dramatically in the first team.

Good result, great even given our position. Not the best game to watch but I'm just happy these scrappy performances are now turning in our favour.

Cov a bit like Peterborough last week, plenty of nice passing sideways but on the night nothing to hurt us.

Would still like to see us take more control of matches but one step at a time I suppose. Thought second half to be fair we were in control without much of the ball if that makes any sense. We were quite comfortable defending which is a massive transformation to even a month ago.

Watters and Davies didn't work, bit harsh on Watters in some ways as I thought Davies was probably even more lost than he was until Hugill came on. We still certainly need the outlet of a target man.

Great finishes from Bagan and Harris.

I can't believe how confident these young players are. Morison must be doing something right.