+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Abramovich...thoroughly agree with Chris Bryant on this one...

Abramovich...thoroughly agree with Chris Bryant on this one...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ne-mp-23208953

...and all oligarchs with assets in UK should have them forfeited.

And don't hang about, do it now.

Re: Abramovich...thoroughly agree with Chris Bryant on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ne-mp-23208953

...and all oligarchs with assets in UK should have them forfeited.

And don't hang about, do it now.
    think it’s probably too late already though in his case - I’d be all for relegating Chelsea to the Vanarama League mind, but maybe that’s me showing my bias.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    think it’s probably too late already though in his case - I’d be all for relegating Chelsea to the Vanarama League mind, but maybe that’s me showing my bias.

abraovich sits in his billion pound yacht and thinks ' blimey wish i could have a bovril with the boys in the shed'

A more informative report in the Mirror:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ong-5-26324087

... Abramovich NOT among 5 oligarchs sanctioned by UK Govt.

Seems there may be room for maneuver though and Bryant may not give up yet

the bottom of the ladder even better

International

I understood that he had given up on UK and was no officially an Israeli citizen.

Chris Bryant is a bit of a loudmouth and a loose cannon. Yesterday in a since deleted tweet he called for UK based dual nations to choose between UK and Russia. Staggering stuff really, and plainly xenophobic.

It's a murky business, but you can't tar all Russian businessmen with the same brush. Not least because if we just run around and do it, it will:

A) have almost no impact on the situation in Ukraine
    B) lead the UK open to legal challenge and significant payouts
    C) contravene numerous human rights.

I have no doubt that there is dodgy Russian money swirling around London. I also don't doubt that there is dodgy Chinese and American money, but the response has to be proportionate.

There's dodgy Russian money swirling everywhere : see this factual report

Minister Gordon Brown was paid over £100,000 by a newly sanctioned Russian bank. The ex-Labour leader received £124,494 for a speech he gave to Sberbank and another corporate giant, Troika Diolog in February 2012. Sberbank, which is the largest financial institution in Russia, was yesterday sanctioned by the US Treasury department, as part of its punitive actions towards 13 Russian financial institutions to 'impair' the Kremlin and Russia’s economy in the wake of its invasion of Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    abraovich sits in his billion pound yacht and thinks ' blimey wish i could have a bovril with the boys in the shed'
    Nope somehow has chatted to him he's in Moscow .

Man U drop Aeroflot

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Minister Gordon Brown was paid over £100,000 by a newly sanctioned Russian bank. The ex-Labour leader received £124,494 for a speech he gave to Sberbank and another corporate giant, Troika Diolog in February 2012. Sberbank, which is the largest financial institution in Russia, was yesterday sanctioned by the US Treasury department, as part of its punitive actions towards 13 Russian financial institutions to 'impair' the Kremlin and Russia’s economy in the wake of its invasion of Ukraine.
    Blimey you're having to dig deep to get dirt.
    Why dont you focus on your Tory pals who are really up to their necks in it.

What about the Whataboutery?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Just as well your pal Corbyn didn't win the election, he'd have our troops in Ukraine supporting the Ruskies 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post

I know it stinks, its everywhere.

Britain has taken Russian money since WW2

Even the Mayor if London took Moscow money .

SNP has Russian interference to get Trident cancelled

Germans are the issue they could gave stopped this if they weren't hell bent on securing gas for themselves via Nord 2 , if it relied on the original pipeline through Ukraine and Poland this would not be happened they'd be earning transit fees

It's not just Tories I can ensure you , I'm sure money talks but far bigger players and countries are at fault. .

None are my pals .

Stop the NATO agression gang are also to blame ..

Turn Swift off as Boris asks will safe lives, yes leave us and Europe with blackouts, but perhaps lives saved??

Ukraine in good faith gave up Nuclear arms , my god they must regret that now as Europe does nothing as thier citizens die .

Don't forget lots of other countrfoysh their money in the City of London , Finland us twice that of Russia , Ukraine billions there as well .

Dp you really think Sir Kier would refuse those investments to prop up his own spending bonanza ??

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Russian nickname for London is ‘the laundry’. Also known as Moscow on Thames.

The Friends of Russia and the Westminster Russian forum both of which have large numbers of Tory politicians in their ranks lobbied hard for Brexit. Is there a bigger picture here we are not being told about. I mean aside from the usual conspiracy stuff

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/11/09/r...t-you-to-know/

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Russian nickname for London is ‘the laundry’. Also known as Moscow on Thames.

The Friends of Russia and the Westminster Russian forum both of which have large numbers of Tory politicians in their ranks lobbied hard for Brexit. Is there a bigger picture here we are not being told about. I mean aside from the usual conspiracy stuff

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/11/09/r...t-you-to-know/

Sorry forgot to add did you know that Matthew Elliott is Chair of the Vote Leave campaign and a founding member of the Conservative Friends of Russia.

Bryant also needs to expand his view as there are other clubs owed by Russians I'd raise the same question about Man City and Newcastle ownership isn't someone bombing Yemen??

I do wonder though if the government's reluctance to go after Abramovich , thoroughly is in hope these oligarchs will turn on Putin ,if they think thier assists will be frozen , I presume they invest in London as they don't trust thier money with Putin's Russia and haven't for decades through many governments ??

If Abramovich. has Putin's ear can't help think something has been said??

I note Abramovich's daughter is up on social media saying Putin is invading not the Russian people .

More to come I think , money talks and these oligarchs have it spades if anyone can stop this it's them, hence the government targeted some of them???

Spedger

Keiffer & Brookes taking the Russian rouble at Bournemouth, tiz not only Chelsea

I know it stinks, its everywhere.

Britain has taken Russian money since WW2

Even the Mayor if London took Moscow money .

SNP has Russian interference to get Trident cancelled

Germans are the issue they could gave stopped this if they weren't hell bent on securing gas for themselves via Nord 2 , if it relied on the original pipeline through Ukraine and Poland this would not be happened they'd be earning transit fees

It's not just Tories I can ensure you , I'm sure money talks but far bigger players and countries are at fault. .

None are my pals .

Stop the NATO agression gang are also to blame ..

Turn Swift off as Boris asks will safe lives, yes leave us and Europe with blackouts, but perhaps lives saved??

Ukraine in good faith gave up Nuclear arms , my god they must regret that now as Europe does nothing as thier citizens die .

Don't forget lots of other countrfoysh their money in the City of London , Finland us twice that of Russia , Ukraine billions there as well .

Dp you really think Sir Kier would refuse those investments to prop up his own spending bonanza ??

You are embarrassing yourself again. I have never seen someone so one eyed as you EVER! And that’s saying something.