+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Uche

Re: Uche

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if Uche is available for 750k in the summer I'd be fine with us signing him as an option from the bench - especially if we could offload Collins for a similar amount to someone.

Don't want either as a first choice striker though
    I think I tend agree with you more often than not but this would be a crazy use of money

if Uche is available for 750k in the summer I'd be fine with us signing him as an option from the bench - especially if we could offload Collins for a similar amount to someone.

Don't want either as a first choice striker though
    Absolutely not.

Not critical of your opinion but 100 percent a no from me.

If we’ve got £750k to spend on a player this summer, I trust it won’t be on Ikpeazu.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    From what Morison has said previously there is a full squad review of the previous match - clips prepared by the analysts covering the good, bad and ugly. There are also individual review meetings with one player and members of the coaching team - of the sort he has described with Davies, Colwill and Watters.

I hope the same approach is used for older team members and loan players - backed up by tailored coaching sessions. Morison may feel that there is more value in investing time and effort in younger players who will be here next season and beyond, and who are learning and developing in front of us, but most of the squad are capable of better performances than they have normally produced this season. Vaulks, Nelson and even Bacuna have had games (half games in Bacuna's case this season) where they have played well - but then they lose concentration, play to their weaknesses not strengths, start making soft decisions, or (criminally) stop trying.

They all have an A game and if they produced it more often, despite their limitations, most fans would back them - not slaughter them on message boards. Morison doesn't have to publicly 'call them out' (not for the academy graduates either), but he cannot let it go either.
    If we can send players back better than what they were when they came to us it might help us in the long term getting better quality of players moving forward when clubs can see a benefit to loani g us their players.

Another goal by a man brought in to score goals, how dare he!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Did well for his goal but please don’t buy him for 750k. No matter how much I love him he can’t trap a bag of cement. His first touch is incredibly bad.

Saying that he’s not that much worse than James Collins

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Did well for his goal but please don’t buy him for 750k. No matter how much I love him he can’t trap a bag of cement. His first touch is incredibly bad.

Saying that he’s not that much worse than James Collins
    he offers something as a sub, not sure I'd want to see him starting

he offers something as a sub, not sure I'd want to see him starting
    Totally agree.

He isn’t great but clearly offers something off the bench, a few goals in limited time. I can’t imagine him starting though either.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Totally agree.

He isn’t great but clearly offers something off the bench, a few goals in limited time. I can’t imagine him starting though either.
    3 goals in 108 minutes by my calculations.

A goal every 36 minutes.

Would work out around 120 goals over a season if he played every minute

He was much better today and actually tried to play football.

I find it very hard to take the guy seriously. But if he scores goals, who cares?

It's a good job Morison is picking the team and not the posters on here. Great 25 minutes from the big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    It's a good job Morison is picking the team and not the posters on here. Great 25 minutes from the big guy.
    He got the Morison treatment in the post-match interview.

Great goal but didn't hold the ball up as instructed.

Is it too late for Uche to be coached into a better and more rounded player?

If yes he would be an OK - even good (presumably cheapish) - signing in the summer.

If he is just a strong goal poacher who cannot manipulate a football - then NO.

The big hitters on here are wrong again

He’s just a bloody menace. Curtis Davis is a mega experienced defender & he got bullied. Hugill is the better hold up player, Uche is the better poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    3 goals in 108 minutes by my calculations.

A goal every 36 minutes.

Would work out around 120 goals over a season if he played every minute

I don’t understand why he gets a hard time on here, he’s doing what’s asked of him and his attitude is spot on.

The job of a striker is to score goals, that's what Uche does and he does it well.

He was bloody awful, apart from his goal (which sounds daft, I know). He scored, which is great but he's absolutely crap at football. If he didn't try to prove how strong he is every time he touched the ball, he'd be a better player. Just hold it up and lay it off.

The whole team were awful Uche came on and won the game. HERO

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He was bloody awful, apart from his goal (which sounds daft, I know). He scored, which is great but he's absolutely crap at football. If he didn't try to prove how strong he is every time he touched the ball, he'd be a better player. Just hold it up and lay it off.
    He's not very good with the ball at his feet, but I thought that he at least tried to play properly tonight, unlike his performance against Blackpool.

You have laugh at people who are moaning about Uche not holding the ball up and not laying it off to team mates. Not one of our strikers are great at holding the ball up.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He got the Morison treatment in the post-match interview.

Great goal but didn't hold the ball up as instructed.

Is it too late for Uche to be coached into a better and more rounded player?

If yes he would be an OK - even good (presumably cheapish) - signing in the summer.

If he is just a strong goal poacher who cannot manipulate a football - then NO.
    He's a more canny version of LFW with better feet. Great sub.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He's not very good with the ball at his feet, but I thought that he at least tried to play properly tonight, unlike his performance against Blackpool.
    He's great at positioning himself for a strike. And getting the ball in front of his foot. Not as easy as it looks.

Well-done

But he was criticised for poor decision making when winning and holding up the ball, after scoring goals probably the next most important thing he's been brought in to do.

You have laugh at people who are moaning about Uche not holding the ball up and not laying it off to team mates. Not one of our strikers are great at holding the ball up.
    So you’re laughing at Steve Morison are you because he was doing exactly that after Ikpeazu’s goal.