+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    hopefully she remains safe following this.
    the fine is one thing, but when the world's attention is elsewhere journalists have been killed in Russia for a lot less than this.
    indeed, the stories of war protesters at train stations not being seen since makes you wonder why she only got a fine ? ?

Re: The War starts Putin announces "Military Operation" in Ukraine. Explosions heard in Kyiv

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed, the stories of war protesters at train stations not being seen since makes you wonder why she only got a fine ? ?
    Higher profile I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Considering world population has grown at a rate greater than the rise in the number of Christians you've quoted, it's hardly a staggering statistic.
    Also, if you were around during WW1 and WW2 would the end of the world been equally as imminent?
    Just pointing out that 'dying cult' was a baseless comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Higher profile I would guess.
    Too high profile to disappear just yet, if I was her I’d plan to leave Russia quietly in the next few weeks….

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Just pointing out that 'dying cult' was a baseless comment.
    I went to church three times about 13 years ago, 6 regulars, none under 65….those 3 hours are lost forever

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

many won't talk but some do
    I wonder how many of those folk have seen images and footage of Ukrainian hospitals and apartment blocks getting pummelled by their governments shelling and mortar fire. Dead civilians in the streets etc.
    It’s quite a depressing watch as they look like normal everyday people going about their business, some concerned about sanctions and money yet completely oblivious to the atrocities being carried out a few hundred miles away.
    Blinkered to the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I went to church three times about 13 years ago, 6 regulars, none under 65….those 3 hours are lost forever
    Indeed, I would agree that many churches have lost the plot, due to the fear offending people with the truth. The truth in any walk of life will produce a little turbulence among the masses, if you abandon it (in this case the Bible) you only end up deceiving yourself.
    Shame on the many church leaders who are guilty of this; I'm sorry you experienced such an example.

The massive growth in numbers is among the Churches who do the exact opposite (to the above).

In Ukraine, despite their many challenges, the strength of the evanglical Churches is incredible and has been for much of the last 30-40 years; I have many friends who travel to Poland & Ukraine up to 4 times each year and have done since the 1980's; if they ask you to take a Bible Study, they don't expect it to be an hour, it must be an afternoon or a full evening.

A fact from just last week: the demand for Bible's in Ukraine had outstripped the supply. These people know which way is up.

You mentioned 'lost forever' - I trust that isn't your experience.

Indeed, I would agree that many churches have lost the plot, due to the fear offending people with the truth. The truth in any walk of life will produce a little turbulence among the masses, if you abandon it (in this case the Bible) you only end up deceiving yourself.
    Shame on the many church leaders who are guilty of this; I'm sorry you experienced such an example.

The massive growth in numbers is among the Churches who do the exact opposite (to the above).

In Ukraine, despite their many challenges, the strength of the evanglical Churches is incredible and has been for much of the last 30-40 years; I have many friends who travel to Poland & Ukraine up to 4 times each year and have done since the 1980's; if they ask you to take a Bible Study, they don't expect it to be an hour, it must be an afternoon or a full evening.

A fact from just last week: the demand for Bible's in Ukraine had outstripped the supply. These people know which way is up.

You mentioned 'lost forever' - I trust that isn't your experience.
    What’s the truth then? I don’t get offended very easily I’m sure I can cope with it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What’s the truth then? I don’t get offended very easily I’m sure I can cope with it?
    I'd be happy to explain, however I don't wish to detract from the key theme of the thread any more than I have to; so if you'd like a proper dialogue then please PM me and I'll answer all your questions as fully as I am able.

The short answer is this, Jesus Christ is God and came here on a Mission to rescue worthless and rebellious individuals like me. You'll be familiar with the Cross and the claim He rose again; if you want to examine the evidence for that OUTSIDE the Bible then this movie is a great intro to that investigation >> The Case for Christ (2017)

If you just want a tea-break explanation of why He chose to die on the Cross for people like me or you then listen here >> The GOSPEL in 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    hopefully she remains safe following this.
    the fine is one thing, but when the world's attention is elsewhere journalists have been killed in Russia for a lot less than this.
    just seen on the news it took 14 hours for her lawyer to find her after her arrest

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just seen on the news it took 14 hours for her lawyer to find her after her arrest
    Russia is a big place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Russia is a big place.
    and to think you could have said " Always wise to check down the back of the sofa first "

First Team

I'd be happy to explain, however I don't wish to detract from the key theme of the thread any more than I have to; so if you'd like a proper dialogue then please PM me and I'll answer all your questions as fully as I am able.

The short answer is this, Jesus Christ is God and came here on a Mission to rescue worthless and rebellious individuals like me. You'll be familiar with the Cross and the claim He rose again; if you want to examine the evidence for that OUTSIDE the Bible then this movie is a great intro to that investigation >> The Case for Christ (2017)

If you just want a tea-break explanation of why He chose to die on the Cross for people like me or you then listen here >> The GOSPEL in 5 minutes
    Your are so boring. You have no "truth". Stop peddling falsehoods.

Trivial: how many fish were in the ark? Why were they there?

Serious: if your good is all about good, why does it allow evil?

Thinking point 1: as I understand it, your god allows you to sin like crazy but as long as you repent and "believe" in it you're going to "heaven". Who wants to be aligned with a craven pos like that? I mean you'd allow Putin, Stalin and Hitler in to your special place as long as they had "faith". Correct?

Thinking point 2: Why are you lot all sad when people die? Presumably you're all going to your happy place to be with Mr/Mrs Confused (it vacillates between smiting its followers and blessing them in your magic book) Craven Yahweh/Jesus/whatever.

When you have reasoned sensible answers, start another thread. Don't reply on this one.

(P.S. FFS sort out your use of apostrophes. Maybe pray to Yahweh for guidance. Your grammar is awful.)

First Team

It sounds to me like Ukraine and its allies are going to offer Putin a face saving deal with an announcement that Ukraine won't join NATO in the foreseeable future.

Hopeful but it leaves a lot of issues unresolved.

International

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    It sounds to me like Ukraine and its allies are going to offer Putin a face saving deal with an announcement that Ukraine won't join NATO in the foreseeable future.

Yes definitely it's a start, he's going to need to go back and say this is why we invaded and we won.

I would imagine he'll want a slice of the country as well, but they looks like a chance that a deal could be done.

The dictator wins if Ukraine won't be allowed to join NATO.
    What a shit show

Please take your talking snake, virgin birth and human sarifice tosh to a dedicated thread where you can be as ludicrously faux-didactic as you like.

It’s just disgusting that bully boy 💩tin gets any say at all in the affairs of Ukraine.
    I just hope that the Russians overthrow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Please take your talking snake, virgin birth and human sarifice tosh to a dedicated thread where you can be as ludicrously faux-didactic as you like.
    Just stay patient. I think there'll be a moderator along soon, possibly in May if we're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Agree. Way too much faux-didacticism on here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Agree. Way too much faux-didacticism on here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just stay patient. I think there'll be a moderator along soon, possibly in May if we're lucky.
    Let him rant on….born again Christian’s eh? They just cannot help themselves

Your are so boring. You have no "truth". Stop peddling falsehoods.

Trivial: how many fish were in the ark? Why were they there?

Serious: if your good is all about good, why does it allow evil?

Thinking point 1: as I understand it, your god allows you to sin like crazy but as long as you repent and "believe" in it you're going to "heaven". Who wants to be aligned with a craven pos like that? I mean you'd allow Putin, Stalin and Hitler in to your special place as long as they had "faith". Correct?

Thinking point 2: Why are you lot all sad when people die? Presumably you're all going to your happy place to be with Mr/Mrs Confused (it vacillates between smiting its followers and blessing them in your magic book) Craven Yahweh/Jesus/whatever.

When you have reasoned sensible answers, start another thread. Don't reply on this one.

(P.S. FFS sort out your use of apostrophes. Maybe pray to Yahweh for guidance. Your grammar is awful.)
    Before you set up your better english for all classes maybe you need to look at your own:-

Your very first word is incorrect. "Your are so boring" should read "You're so boring"

You don't really want answers (although there are answers to these and all the other tired efforts) because your own god has you boxed in, but I'll take one out of the selction offered for the sake of space and the nosebleeds being suffered by the Genie and others who can't scroll past the posts that offend their god:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: as I understand it, your god allows you to sin like crazy but as long as you repent and "believe" in it you're going to "heaven".

A: You've no doubt 'understood' your Roman Catholic friend who does as he likes and then confesses it all to a guy in a robe who tells him to do ABC in penance for his sins, yet what has that to do with the unchanging truth of the Bible?
    Understand the word REPENT and you won't ask the question; it means to change your thinking, lifestyle and priorities, with God's help.

You've accused me of peddling untruths but you've currently demonstrated no understanding of Christianity or been brave enough to share your 'truth'?

First Team

Before you set up your better english for all classes maybe you need to look at your own:-

Your very first word is incorrect. "Your are so boring" should read "You're so boring"

You don't really want answers (although there are answers to these and all the other tired efforts) because your own god has you boxed in, but I'll take one out of the selction offered for the sake of space and the nosebleeds being suffered by the Genie and others who can't scroll past the posts that offend their god:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: as I understand it, your god allows you to sin like crazy but as long as you repent and "believe" in it you're going to "heaven".

A: You've no doubt 'understood' your Roman Catholic friend who does as he likes and then confesses it all to a guy in a robe who tells him to do ABC in penance for his sins, yet what has that to do with the unchanging truth of the Bible?
    Understand the word REPENT and you won't ask the question; it means to change your thinking, lifestyle and priorities, with God's help.

You've accused me of peddling untruths but you've currently demonstrated no understanding of Christianity or been brave enough to share your 'truth'?
    Laughable. My mistake is a clearly a finger-slip typo, yours are systematic. Understand your errors and repent.

So, just answer straightforwardly. If I repented (in whatever twisted, up its own arse definition you prefer) a life of sin 1 minute before death, in your religion your god would allow me in, correct? I know you won't admit it but it's correct.

Here's a bigger problem for you. If your magic book and all knowledge of its existence disappeared completely would people still discover/have faith in your god? Would they even know your god existed? The answer is clearly "no".

Except (and this reveals my "truth" in your words) if the same happened with every science text ever written, you know what would happen? It would all be discovered again because science is fact and it exists. Your god doesn't.

Laughable. My mistake is a clearly a finger-slip typo, yours are systematic. Understand your errors and repent.

So, just answer straightforwardly. If I repented (in whatever twisted, up its own arse definition you prefer) a life of sin 1 minute before death, in your religion your god would allow me in, correct? I know you won't admit it but it's correct.

Here's a bigger problem for you. If your magic book and all knowledge of its existence disappeared completely would people still discover/have faith in your god? Would they even know your god existed? The answer is clearly "no".

Except (and this reveals my "truth" in your words) if the same happened with every science text ever written, you know what would happen? It would all be discovered again because science is fact and it exists. Your god doesn't.

You've never heard of the thief on the Cross who genuinely repented and was saved in the last few hours of his life?
    And if you are thinking of employing that tactic remember that many deaths can be immediate or even during your sleep. The Bible says, 'now is the accepted time' (ie your next breath isn't guaranteed).

In fact just before there was a ban on anyone (who didn't belong there) going into the Amazon rainforest a missionary made contact with a large tribe. It turned out that they were all Christians much to his surprise. He asked them who visited them or where they had read about Jesus? They told him that nobody had come to tell them and none of them had seen a book, also none of them could read anyway! One of their tribe had seen Jesus in a dream who explained everything to him, he woke up and prayed - ie he repented and gave his life to Christ. From there he shared what he knew of Jesus with everyone, and they all now served Christ too.
    You may well ask the question, why wouldn't God allow me or someone in Cathays, Roath or Canton to have such a dream, and the answer is this, God has provided more than enough evidence and opportunities for the people of Cardiff to repent, the fact is this, they all want to have 'my way' (or similar) played at their funerals, because they all know better