+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading Allocation

Re: Reading Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Certainly 70s and 80s it was a case of first come first serve down the city and I can think of three games Chelsea Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday who basically overtook our ground based on the number of fans they brought - segregation was based on choice ie if you wanted to go in the allocated away end then fine but there was nothing to stop you taking a chance and going in the home end. Can't remember any games when I needed a ticket in advance but then I did have a season ticket from the early 80s on so I maybe wrong

We werent playing one Saturday so me and two friends decided to go and watch Newport play Swansea at Somerton Park and there was so many Cardiff there we had our own part of the ground
    Ah yes, those were the days - when it was a ticket free for all and opposing fans used to kick the living daylights out of each other !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Ah yes, those were the days - when it was a ticket free for all and opposing fans used to kick the living daylights out of each other !!!
    Never kicked anyone thanks - just describing what it was like then as a reply to a poster in terms of tickets and allocation

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    From my many experiences of going there the last time we went the home fans next to us made a lot more noise than we did - for pretty much the first time. Did help them that they won 3-0, but it was better for them even before that.

It’s a shame we can’t have more tickets, but it’s their choice at the end of the day.
    That’s exactly the point Tim. It’s not done out of spite to the opposition. In the dregs of the Stam era the atmosphere was non existent. The football was awful to watch. Painfully slow sideways and backwards. The ground was silent. Something had to be done. The lay out of the stadium was such that there were two choices where to put our louder fans. The North or South Stand. The North houses our family enclosure so the South Stand was seen as the preferred choice. Initially I wasn’t keen on bigger away supports being denied the full Stand as I like to see the stadium as full as possible but it has definitely worked.

The atmosphere is pretty good these days. It’s worked.

Only about 30 seats left now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Never kicked anyone thanks - just describing what it was like then as a reply to a poster in terms of tickets and allocation
    I wasn't accusing you of doing anything. I was just reminiscing about the ‘bad old days’ and giving my opinion on why tighter control of ticket sales and size/location of allocations to away fans are generally a good thing and have had the desired effect. However, it does seem a bit odd the way that Reading didn't allow for the proper, safe, location and segregation of away fans when designing and building the stadium, as we did with ours.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

No tickets unless for the sitting areas. Pay at the gate.

Don’t look like there be any left to go back on sale on Tuesday by the looks of it

Quote Originally Posted by Neilmorgan10 View Post
    Don’t look like there be any left to go back on sale on Tuesday by the looks of it
    Plenty more showing up now online..

Quote Originally Posted by Neilmorgan10 View Post
    Isn't anyone going to say it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Isn't anyone going to say it?
    I was in this pub today, looked up and………