Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Agreed, the problems come about when the space isn't condensed. It's all well and good pressing from the front, but against Swansea we need to press as a unit, the whole team, otherwise there will be space to exploit in other areas of the pitch. Swansea must've thought it was Christmas.
Obviously I didn't go to the game but I did watch it live.

I agree with what is being said here.

I texted my mates over here that we needed to play 10 yards further forward and if we were going to press high up it need to be across our entire attacking third. So many times they just played a triangle and were left with an easy lateral out ball with free access straight to midfield. In the first half this happened time and again with them shipping it from their left to an open man on their right. Surely, SM could see this? Either don't play a pressing game or do it properly.

We lost. They played better. We had a lot of players having really poor games. They deserved it.

What I want from Morrison is a proper explanation and acceptance of what went wrong so I can see he is able to learn and improve, not silly platitudes and stupid ranty stuff. If he can't do that, he does not deserve respect.