+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conte

International

Re: Conte

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Fair play, he's turned around a declining and disinterested team, and he's done the business wherever he's been.

How does he rate compared to Pep, Klopp & Tuchel?
    He's a great shorter term manager because he's so intense, a bit like Mourinho but even more intense he gets a response, but that type of management only seems to work for a season or two.

Nuno Espírito Santo was the manager until he got fired in November, so I'm not sure what Conte's input was up until then.
    Shows how much I take notice. Just going off what you put, you mentioned Mourinho and the negative effect he had or something.

International

Teething problems mate, it takes a while to turn around a sinking ship. The coaching staff only got their work permits in November, so to be back in the top 4 already is good progress, especially when you consider Conte is the 4th manager since Pochettino left in 2019. You just have to look at Cardiff City to see how difficult it is to turn things around when you keep on changing managers, and don't have a long term plan. Mourinho was a disaster even though he is/was one of the worlds top managers.
    nothing to do with football but...... why would anyone try to turn round a sinking ship? Just get off the bloody thing before it does.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Shows how much I take notice. Just going off what you put, you mentioned Mourinho and the negative effect he had or something.
    He certainly didn't get anywhere near the best out of Bale and even made some disparaging remarks about him, and Kane & Son weren't too happy either, then Jose got fired or something.

He certainly didn't get anywhere near the best out of Bale and even made some disparaging remarks about him, and Kane & Son weren't too happy either, then Jose got fired or something.
    You said that had a knock on effect and slowed down conte and his progress. He's getting results now he's got his own men in etc. But Nuno qas there after Jose.

I can't keep up with you

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You said that had a knock on effect and slowed down conte and his progress. He's getting results now he's got his own men in etc. But Nuno qas there after Jose.

I can't keep up with you
    That's right, having three different managers in charge of the players over a number of months is generally not good for any football team.

Currently sorting out Arsenal after ending Liverpool's title ambitions. Spurs are no Man City, but the manager knows how to get the best out of available resources.

Conte’s goal celebration reminds me of Gerwyn Price’s when he hits a checkout.😃