+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Everton Relegation

Re: Possible Everton Relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Everton are premier league royalty. I hope they don't come down to be honest, I've always liked them. I agree they dwarf Newcastle. Everton have never been a small club, they've pretty much always been top tier.
    down with royalty

The league table will not lie when it’s all done and dusted. Make no mistake, they are in huge trouble, with neither the manager or players to expect anything different. I hope Leeds come down , but it’s going to ramble on for a few more weeks yet. Going to be interesting that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    down with royalty
    Orf with their heads, especially that tory tw@t Lampard :)

What about European Cup winners Aston Villa ?

Everton have won more but a long long time ago

so how do we decide on who is the biggest

average league attendance ? ?

Newcastle 51 K ( even in the championship )
    Everton 37 / 38 K

average league position ( I found this table interesting )

Everton are ranked 3rd

Newcastle 7th

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m not a Chelsea fan by any means however , their support is far from “Johnny come lately”

Historically they are the best supported club in London , some of their crowds have been in excess of 80,000.

Have a look at their average crowds between 1946 and 1959.

http://european-football-statistics....eague/chls.htm
    And look at them through the eighties and early nineties - I can remember crowds of less than ten thousand at Stamford Bridge during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m not a Chelsea fan by any means however , their support is far from “Johnny come lately”

Historically they are the best supported club in London , some of their crowds have been in excess of 80,000.

Have a look at their average crowds between 1946 and 1959.

http://european-football-statistics....eague/chls.htm
    Up to the year 2000, Chelsea had won the league once, the FA Cup once, the League Cup once and one ECWC.

I got fed up checking the honours lists of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle, Villa in comparison up to the year 2000 etc. Never bothered checking WBA, Derby, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday even Portsmouth because I know their history up to 2000 would outdo The Pensioners. They are the epitome of ‘Johnny Come Lately’s’. Massive crowd fluctuations prove their fans fickleness also, if they revert to type you won’t see the likes of Jeremy Clarkson’s, Jeremy Vine’s, Tim Lovejoy’s (what happened to Watford Tim?) etc arses for dust.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Up to the year 2000, Chelsea had won the league once, the FA Cup once, the League Cup once and one ECWC.

I got fed up checking the honours lists of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle, Villa in comparison up to the year 2000 etc. Never bothered checking WBA, Derby, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday even Portsmouth because I know their history up to 2000 would outdo The Pensioners. They are the epitome of ‘Johnny Come Lately’s’. Massive crowd fluctuations prove their fans fickleness also, if they revert to type you won’t see the likes of Jeremy Clarkson’s, Jeremy Vine’s, Tim Lovejoy’s (what happened to Watford Tim?) etc arses for dust.
    Perhaps, but attendance wise, the support has always been there apart from, as previously stated, the bad Hooliganism days and relegation to division two. Most clubs attendance figures were shocking during this time. Ultimately they are the 6th best supported club in England and probably would be higher if Stamford Bridge held 60,000, when Matthew Harding took over.

You often hear wags in pubs talking about when they went down to ninian park in the fifties and sixties and there were huge crowds on a regular basis

Either the stats on that site are wrong or these fellas are making it up

Compared to the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland , Everton , etc we are minnows

I don't think it will ever change , Cardiff just isn't a football city and we will always live on our potential sadly

Little known fact, but Stamford Bridge was built as a stadium for Fulham FC to use. Fulham turned it down, so Chelsea FC was formed in 1905 to use it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Little known fact, but Stamford Bridge was built as a stadium for Fulham FC to use. Fulham turned it down, so Chelsea FC was formed in 1905 to use it instead.
    Like Anfield was built for Everton but they wouldn’t pay the rent, so Liverpool was formed