+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sundays ref

Sundays ref

Looked everywhere I can think of but can’t seem to find who the referee is on Sunday and linesmen would be interesting to know

Re: Sundays ref

With a bit of luck we'll get officials from Russia or Belarus, but we'll more likely get a Ukrainian sympathiser.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    With a bit of luck we'll get officials from Russia or Belarus, but we'll more likely get a Ukrainian sympathiser.
    On a serious note mate what would be the ideal nationality of the ref Swiss perhaps ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    On a serious note mate what would be the ideal nationality of the ref Swiss perhaps ??????
    Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Welsh
    Have we got any decent refs?
    Since the Low was formed, our refs haven't got the route to go higher than the Welsh Premier.
    (I think! - anyone enlighten?)

Since the Low was formed, our refs haven't got the route to go higher than the Welsh Premier.
    Maybe he could make a one off comeback? Mind you, he was such a contrary bugger, he’d probably give everything to Ukraine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Thomas_(football)I

As long as Zelensky doesn't play up front we should be ok.

Several on UEFA/FIFA list

https://www.faw.cymru/en/about-faw/r...fifa-referees/

Bob, I know what you mean about Clive Thomas, remember the Brazil side (I think it was) getting in a tizz when he blew the half-time/final whistle before they finished taking a corner.

A very long time ago, when I was involved with running the local Rhondda League team, we heard that Clive was going to ref our next game, there was a certain amount of consternation before the game. In fairness he was right down to earth, he had had Arsenal with week before and had Manchester United the following week, but he said they all came the same to him. I don't remember any incidents during the game, which suggests our boys behaved themselves (for once) and he couldn't have been one of his fussy moods.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Bob, I know what you mean about Clive Thomas, remember the Brazil side (I think it was) getting in a tizz when he blew the half-time/final whistle before they finished taking a corner.

A very long time ago, when I was involved with running the local Rhondda League team, we heard that Clive was going to ref our next game, there was a certain amount of consternation before the game. In fairness he was right down to earth, he had had Arsenal with week before and had Manchester United the following week, but he said they all came the same to him. I don't remember any incidents during the game, which suggests our boys behaved themselves (for once) and he couldn't have been one of his fussy moods.
    I think that incident may well have cost him officiating in the 78 World Cup Final. He blew for full time as a corner came over in a Brazil v Sweden match that was level at 1-1 at that time and a second or two later a Brazilian headed the ball into the net with Clive Thomas telling the players the game was over and pointing to his watch - the last thing an ambitious ref should do in a FIFA tournament is get Brazil against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Looked everywhere I can think of but can’t seem to find who the referee is on Sunday and linesmen would be interesting to know
    Rudi Glöckner Junior 😳

05.06.22 18:00 CET
    Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff (WAL)
    WALES - UKRAINE
    Referee: Antonio Mateu Lahioz (ESP)
    Assistant Referee 1: Pau Cebrián Devís (ESP)
    Assistant Referee 2: Roberto del Palomar (ESP)
    Fourth Official: Carlos del Cerro Grande (ESP)
    Video Assistant Referee: Juan Martínez Munuera (ESP)
    Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Ricardo de Burgos (ESP)
    FIFA Referee Assessor: Pascal Pierre Garibian (FRA)
    FIFA Match Commissioner: Jānis Mežeckis (LVA)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    05.06.22 18:00 CET::
    Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff (WAL)
    WALES - UKRAINE
    Referee: Antonio Mateu Lahioz (ESP)
    Assistant Referee 1: Pau Cebrián Devís (ESP)
    Assistant Referee 2: Roberto del Palomar (ESP)
    Fourth Official: Carlos del Cerro Grande (ESP)
    Video Assistant Referee: Juan Martínez Munuera (ESP)
    Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Ricardo de Burgos (ESP)
    FIFA Referee Assessor: Pascal Pierre Garibian (FRA)
    FIFA Match Commissioner: Jānis Mežeckis (LVA)
    Nice one mate