Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
It’s not a documentary. It’s not the story of The Sex Pistols, it’s Steve Jones’s story (hence Pistol) and in my opinion it’s very good. I’d considered myself pretty knowledgeable about all things punk but I didn’t know for example that Chrissie Hynde was so involved from the beginning. I didn’t know the background to ‘Bodies’ either. It’s also been good to give my wife the back story to the whole thing.. she didn’t know about Vivienne Westwood’s involvement or the link to Siouxsie and Steve Severin.

In terms of entertainment and nostalgia I’d highly recommend it
I have not seen the film, but I have read Steve Jones autobiography. I would highly recommend it as it gives in detail, mostly shockingly and graphic, his upbringing from a child, through the circumstance of the Sex Pistols forming, their demise and his life after.

Spoiler alert… all I can say is, if the film is based on his book, there will be plenty of sex and drugs and rock and roll, and total lack of respect of authority, as one might expect. However, a lot of that excess is by the time the guy barely reaches his teens. If Rotten, Cook and Matlock (and Vicious) had similar upbringings, also add to that the state that the Country was in at the time, you will have a great understanding of what they represented to lots of young people at the time.

A final thought… as the book is a shockingly honest read, I would be interested what they actually show of it on Disney channel