+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you ?

Re: Would you ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why would you put Andrew in prison? He has not been found guilty of breaking any law.
    Or are you of the persuasion that any accusation made by a woman must be founded on truth... like Amber Heard's?
    I accuse you of nicking my lexus....you deny it. You decide to pay me 35k out of court settlement...mate you are guilty

Definitely not. I also refuse to bow unilaterally to any human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The two people I have had the privilege of knowing my mother and father god rest there souls the best people I have ever had the time to meet they would have NEVER expect me to bow on one knee to them so lizzie you’ve got no chance

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Don’t tell xsnaggle this he thinks Andy is innocent heard he’s camped outside buck palace might spoil his weekend celebrating
    You are a sad feck!! I only pointed out that he has not been convicted of anything. You have an opinion and think that is sufficient to put him in prison. I assume that everyone you think did something must be guilty because you think they are.

Try to not let your personal opinions cloud your judgement... if you have any.

No. I was once offered a Mayor's award but turned it down, mainly because I never wanted any accusations of it being because I was a friend of the mayor in question.

Yes, I would because my wife was awarded an OBE today and now she’s got one up on me ��

On a more serious note I’m very proud she’s been rewarded for working 7 days a week, many times 16+ hours a day during covid so as far as I’m concerned it’s not bowing down to the more privileged but recognition for hard work during very difficult circumstance.
    She doesn’t even know who nominated her.

I don’t consider her to be a sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    Yes, I would because my wife was awarded an OBE today and now she’s got one up on me ��

On a more serious note I’m very proud she’s been rewarded for working 7 days a week, many times 16+ hours a day during covid so as far as I’m concerned it’s not bowing down to the more privileged but recognition for hard work during very difficult circumstance.

Congratulations to your wife. I’m a big fan of the recognition being made public. A great friend of mine got an MBE a couple years ago for services to midwifery. Everyone who knows her was totally delighted for her

Congratulations to your wife, hope she enjoys the day ( I guess you can go along aswell and enjoy the day out )

Oh hang on, I mean ( so I can be in the CCMB gang now ) , I hope she unfurls the Y Ddraig Goch and strangles the queen with it while shouting " Freeeeeeedom "

You are a sad feck!! I only pointed out that he has not been convicted of anything. You have an opinion and think that is sufficient to put him in prison. I assume that everyone you think did something must be guilty because you think they are.

I’m not sad mate I’m happy

I apologise if I caused you any offence mate didn’t mean to just having a craic that’s all

No I wouldn’t.

If the honours system was just based on handing out honours to people like your wife then fair enough. It’s people like this that need to be recognised. The trouble is so many cronies, donors, rich celebs etc receive honours without earning them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    I apologise if I caused you any offence mate didn’t mean to just having a craic that’s all
    Accepted. I like a bit of a craic myself.

No I wouldn’t, but it’s a decision for the individual to make and I don’t hold it against anyone who does accept it.

When I was working in Companies House in the eighties, there was a man who must have been well into his fifties who’d been a lower grade civil servant all of his working life. It would wrong to say he was simple, but he was one of those people who didn’t cope well with any sort of responsibility or pressure and would never have got very far up the career ladder if he had been that way inclined. He also didn’t have a malicious bone in his body despite the fact that life hadn’t dealt him the best of hands.

However, someone, we never found out who, nominated him for an honour in the Queen’s Birthday list and seeing how much pleasure he took from receiving his OBE I think it was changed my opinion on the honours system a bit - his life definitely improved after it because he was so proud of his gong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    What do you mean?
    I meant to write booing.

https://twitter.com/garethbale11/sta...VxtgkgJuwalCbg

Yes if I deserved it for a charitable

If you are truly inclusive of thought and gesture its should not bother you .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    i hope you would kneel for st george of floyd

People who have made a contribution to a country should be honoured.

Almost all countries do this.

I guess everywhere they can be bought or influenced but the majority go to those that deserve it.

The Head of State, in our case The Queen, bestowing the honour should not be an issue.

But it's 2022. Order/Member of the British Empire.....what empire?

I know we may be going back to pounds of spuds but at least the spuds exist!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Oh hang on, I mean ( so I can be in the CCMB gang now ) , I hope she unfurls the Y Ddraig Goch and strangles the queen with it while shouting " Freeeeeeedom "
    So many of your posts have a little upset dig like this in, makes you sound like a right fanny

Just been told about this.
    Well done, *****(name protected), richly deserved.
    Have a great day today

Thank You Tony
    Just showed her your response and your announcement on the CCMB made her smile as much as seeing her name in the paper
    Nice One