Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
Some well made points there matey. I guess it was a very influential time. Although I saw most of the protagonists live, I could never, ever get swept up in the punk rock 'revolution'. I was, at the time a huge fan of rock music (mostly of a blues rock variety) with bands like Free, Skynyrd, Lizzy, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Hendrix, Cream, Hawkwind etc. I agree with what you say about prog rock. I saw Yes live in '75 at the Capitol Theatre, and they were one long bore. I just can't get into rap (which to me Nas, NWA and Enimen are).
Rap has been a battle for me as well. I didn’t like any of it for years but have warmed to it through my kids. I only really referenced it to highlight the fact that I preferred it over heavier stuff and obviously prog rock🤣, but still give me punk or it’s evolution any day. I’m glad in hindsight I wasn’t 18 in 1977 like you…(I was 12/13) I often wonder how life might’ve been different if I’d been fully able to throw myself into the punk scene, because I’m pretty sure I would have