Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
AZ, as mentioned, I would suggest the merits in trying this are (in no particular order) to stop enriching criminal gangs and people traffickers, reduce illegal immigration, restore faith in the system, allow the most needy to be prioritised first, demonstrate that we have a system in place that can remove people who travel from safe countries (because otherwise we have to theoretically accept anyone who travels) and to reduce the long term costs of caring for and processing peoples applications. It's about building a system the British tax payer has faith in.

None of us know for sure how a policy will operate in practice, but I would suggest it is worth trying, because the current situation is failing - it allows wealthier migrants from a safe country to effectively jump the queue, and we have to have some kind of limit of numbers that the country can take - being able to reduce the flow is critical. Australia have tried a similar method, which I gather has largely worked, and we know other countries are looking at it. I don't consider it inhumane, and I think it's worth trying.

No issue with higher education (I have an MSc and my GCSE's). I was just stressing that this is real politik, not theory, which I know you favour, as it is happening as we type.

Thanks for the F, (to a question you seem to have asked subsequently) though I sense you base your marks on how much people agree with you, so I am happy to receive it and I'm glad I dont have to pay the university fees either ;)
It is my understanding (and I stand to be corrected) that anyone sent to Rwanda for asylum processing would, if successful, be granted leave to remain in ... Rwanda. Effectively, this policy (you apparently cannot see beyond) is a form of deportation to a country a lot of us would see as a repressive regime. And you seriously think it's ok?

Are you that much of a craven Tory apologist?

(P.S. There is no apostrophe in "GCSEs".)