+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

If it isn’t happening then it’s very poor turning up at first day of training!

He obv coming. He wouldnt treat us so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    If it isn’t happening then it’s very poor turning up at first day of training!

He obv coming. He wouldnt treat us so badly.
    I agree with you on this ….

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I agree with you on this ….
    Isn’t Bales house right outside the Vale set up ? It’s a load of b****x

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Whats that got to do with his agents confirming they are in talks with dalman today? And bale talking to Morison at the training ground on first day of pre season- he would likely have met the squad also.

Should be announced anytime soon. Can't imagine any bookies still taking bets on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Whats that got to do with his agents confirming they are in talks with dalman today? And bale talking to Morison at the training ground on first day of pre season - he would likely have met the squad also.

Should be announced anytime soon. Can't imagine any bookies still taking bets on it?
    It would be a bit weird if Bale hadn’t talked to his former international colleague considering they were in the same place at the same time.

Plenty of bookmakers are still taking bets. In fact, the price on Bale signing for City is bigger now than it was last week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It would be a bit weird if Bale hadn’t talked to his former international colleague considering they were in the same place at the same time.

Plenty of bookmakers are still taking bets. In fact, the price on Bale signing for City is bigger now than it was last week.
    Have you got doubts he will sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Have you got doubts he will sign?
    I think it’s entirely possible he will sign, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion. I think it’s a fascinating situation all round, though. While the notion of a player of Bale’s calibre signing for a club like City is ridiculous on the face of it, it’s hard to think who else would be a decent fit given his form and fitness in recent seasons, and the same goes for Ramsey.

I don’t know about you but I love the idea of Bale playing under Morison alongside the players he’s been bringing in and those that were already here. It’s an hilarious prospect.

This is the craziest pre-season in many years. We’re currently waiting on Bale, Ramsey and…. Ralls! Comedy gold.

I think it’s entirely possible he will sign, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion. I think it’s a fascinating situation all round, though. While the notion of a player of Bale’s calibre signing for a club like City is ridiculous on the face of it, it’s hard to think who else would be a decent fit given his form and fitness in recent seasons, and the same goes for Ramsey.

I don’t know about you but I love the idea of Bale playing under Morison alongside the players he’s been bringing in and those that were already here. It’s an hilarious prospect.

This is the craziest pre-season in many years. We’re currently waiting on Bale, Ramsey and…. Ralls! Comedy gold.
    Ralls is the one player who comes anywhere near the standard of the other two in our current squad. Hardly a name to ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Ralls is the one player who comes anywhere near the standard of the other two in our current squad. Hardly a name to ridicule.
    Ralls is a good team player at this level

He's probably going to be as useful as Ramsey

Do you think there is any club in the Championship that would turn Bale, or Ramsey, down if they had the opportunity to sign them on the sort of terms it’s reported are being discussed between City and Bale’s representatives? I think there might be a small number who would, but it wouldn’t be many. I concede that the current squad with just Bale, and maybe Ramsey, added is an odd, even bizarre mix, which I’d guess would finish nearer the bottom of the league than top, but it’s what it would surely mean with regard to some players currently wavering about joining us who would commit to us if we had Bale on board that is important.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you think there is any club in the Championship that would turn Bale, or Ramsey, down if they had the opportunity to sign them on the sort of terms it’s reported are being discussed between City and Bale’s representatives? I think there might be a small number who would, but it wouldn’t be many. I concede that the current squad with just Bale, and maybe Ramsey, added is an odd, even bizarre mix, which I’d guess would finish nearer the bottom of the league than top, but it’s what it would surely mean with regard to some players currently wavering about joining us who would commit to us if we had Bale on board that is important.
    Don’t worry TOBW, Gunter on a free, Ampadu & Levitt on loan, they’ll feel right at home.
    We need another keeper so maybe Hennessey as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Don’t worry TOBW, Gunter on a free, Ampadu & Levitt on loan, they’ll feel right at home.
    We need another keeper so maybe Hennessey as well.
    Let's do it! More than happy to be the Wales national team's playground for a season. Can't be worse than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Perhaps he’s doing a Tom Ince …. As of writing he is weighing up his options with ourselves, AC Milan , Derby , Barcelona, Roma , Wigan and Barry Town.

For those older enough , remember Cardiff turning Toshack away in late 70s …. Let’s not make the same mistake again …surely just training with Bale daily would be beneficial for the likes of Colwill, King,Davies ?

Yep, don't need to overthink it. Get him in!

The knock on effect from Bale signing would be absolutely stratospheric. Encourage better players to join us, shirt sales, media attention, social media buzz, ticket sales, solidified welsh connection and more. Add Ramsey aswell and that multiplies.

Come on Gareth, let the pen meet the paper!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I wasn’t ridiculing Ralls. He’s a decent midfielder by Championship standards. I just think it’s funny that the club is apparently a serious contender to sign the likes of Bale and Ramsey at a time when a guy who’s been here for 11 years hasn’t yet agreed a new contract. That’s classic Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you think there is any club in the Championship that would turn Bale, or Ramsey, down if they had the opportunity to sign them on the sort of terms it’s reported are being discussed between City and Bale’s representatives?
    I’ve got no idea what sort of terms are being reported. I haven’t seen anything concrete in that respect. I’ve seen lots of speculation on here, but I don’t think anything regarding terms has been reported by any genuine news outlet has it?

I’ve got no idea what sort of terms are being reported. I haven’t seen anything concrete in that respect. I’ve seen lots of speculation on here, but I don’t think anything regarding terms has been reported by any genuine news outlet has it?
    No but I think it's fair to suggest that after 8 free transfers, we won't be offering him anything close to his half a million salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    No but I think it's fair to suggest that after 8 free transfers, we won't be offering him anything close to his half a million salary.

Just GIVE him the club

No idea how they got on as teammates but both Bale and Morison started for Wales in our dramatic 2-1 win against Scotland at the CCS.

That’s a given, but I’ve read everything from a four-month contract to a three-year contract being talked about on here and all sorts of other speculation regarding possible terms. However, nothing of that nature has been reported by any reliable outlets as far as I’m aware.

That’s a given, but I’ve read everything from a four-month contract to a three-year contract being talked about on here and all sorts of other speculation regarding possible terms. However, nothing of that nature has been reported by any reliable outlets as far as I’m aware.
    Anything less than a year would be a waste of time, in my opinion. Here’s hoping!

I think we can take it as read that the “it’s not all about money” line is true.

Anything less than a year would be a waste of time, in my opinion. Here’s hoping!
    There is also the financial fair play requirements to take into account as all payments to players eg salary merchandise etc add to the cost and so thsi may affect the length of deal??