Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
It's a job to as I'm not certain myself! I don't believe in a supreme being, we are all as good as it gets and all as good as each other. There is a high degree of pure spontaneous chaos to life - it would be obviously wrong to hold it out as an absolute that if you do go in life, that success is guaranteed - too many people suffer in the world for that to be an absolute, yet however indeed there can be some correlation in "living right" (doing your level best in all, and not meaning to cause harm) - "doing the right things - and things going well for you. So divinity to me in some sense to use small example is when I take myself out on a 5 mile run I tend to see a lot of Robins up close - to me I tell myself that is a sort of divinity as they are my favourite bird and particularly personal me to a person no longer with us loved them too - I tell myself when I see them it's a result/reward of my getting my arse in gear and doing the right thing. So you may say, if I believe in a divinity how can I not believe in a god which put some kind of intelligent design to it all. Well, damn for a start I don't know for sure either way and frankly I don't sweat it (it also ends up monetarily a lot cheaper that way). I just get on with life - doing the right things as best as I can; however given i do believe there is something sort of divine, I believe it is not through a creator but through ourselves and through our energies - in a way we kind of cant fully comprehend or are not fully aware of .
That's all very romantic but it doesn't stop some dirty stinking cat pouncing on your Robin and chewing it to bits