+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The holiday thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The holiday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Anyone booking a foreign holiday via an airport this year is playing flight roulette
    The well documented failings of airlines and travel companies is only going to get worse in the coming months
    My mate was due to fly home after a week in Lanzarote
    The scheduled return flight was cancelled half an hour before take off
    After unsuccessfully trying to contact the numbers given they had to book into a nearby hotel for three nights
    Extra costs all around-rooms food taxis etc

My neighbour arrived at Cardiff airport on Saturday just gone
    He wasn’t allowed to board the plane because the travel agent- On The Beach - hadn’t paid for the flights
    The airline wouldn’t even allow him to purchase the tickets on the spot
    I have flown to the Caribbean, Malta , Jersey and Geneva in recent weeks . Some long queues but no more than that .
    Malta is beautiful , had a week in Gozo, lovely quiet place , then on to the mainland for a week in Marsaxlokk .
    Had a day in Valletta , what a beautiful city , a day simply wasn't enough will be returning to spend more time there.

Re: The holiday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I have flown to the Caribbean, Malta , Jersey and Geneva in recent weeks . Some long queues but no more than that .
    Malta is beautiful , had a week in Gozo, lovely quiet place , then on to the mainland for a week in Marsaxlokk .
    Had a day in Valletta , what a beautiful city , a day simply wasn't enough will be returning to spend more time there.
    Great to hear that Valletta is so nice. I wasn’t sure what to expect as my missus has booked this and thinks I will like it.