Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
How we deal with trauma, loss, grief, emotional pain are complex. I actually find the thought of chaotic theory and a series of random but mathematically patterned quantum events (and the head-f*ck that they bring) really comforting. When we give up on being in control of anything (including our own brains) it can be philosophically liberating. You see, what I think the old lady in Italy was describing and attributing to her survival, was in fact chaos. She survived (everything is connected but uncontrollable) while others perished, seems perfectly logical to me and is not pre-ordained (or down to a god).

The thing I'm doing here now though (and I didn't start off this post with this in mind) is arguing that chaos = god = chaos. I'm not talking about conscience (which is different and touches upon sentience - including AI) being represented by a bearded man surrounded by angels in the same way that just because I have a beard means I qualify as a god! Though I think I'd make a pretty good god and have learned a lot from Sean Connery's mistakes in A Man Who Would Be King!

The Italian lady could quite as easily thanked Chaos for her survival.
Chaos is definitely not God, unless you worship the anti christ. From mathematics to Art, order is seen as beautiful and heart warming.
The most profound words ever written were in The Gospel of John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

Words are God, Words require order to work. God is order. If chaos was God, we'd all be speaking random garbled nonesense to each other with no order. We'd barely be able to comunicate