Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
Our defence is weaker - we had Giles and Drameh last season. I have very low expectations in McGuiness (who just looks like a very poor version of Ben Turner with an even worse range of passing) and Nelson who has at least 2 mistakes in him per game

A high press team which lets face it is every team in the championship now is going to put our defence under a lot of pressure and at the moment a full back who was meh at league one Romeo, a converted right back Ng, a West Brom reserve who didn’t feature this year and a left back Collins from bottom of the German second division is how I expect our back 4 to look

Our midfield looks stronger but an asthmatic ant carrying its shopping home would have out run Pack and Bacuna

Up front I’m not writing off Watters. There was a game towards the end of the season where he looked like he had something. But to rely on him is very risky

I expect Morrison to score more goals if and when he returns (hopefully) as he’s still our best defender

The bottom 4 in my opinion is Birmingham Blackpool Rotherham and us (I’m not sure about Sunderland)

Hope I’m wrong but I have very low expectations for next season
I agree with much of this.

Whereas we are all excited to see the new signings, there is no escaping where they have come from (and why) - this is going to be a real test of Morison's skills and could go either way. Fingers crossed that it works out the way that we all hope.

Plus we need at least one decent striker, the most precious commodity in football.........

So lots of potential risk here.