Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Yawn indeed.

You are cherry picking quotes from the Port of Dover Chief Exec. I gave you one above saying Brexit was a cause of delay.

Of course the queues aren't going to be constant. The Dover infrastructure (and several other ports or points of exit) cannot cope with traffic spikes (after several years of Covid quiet) in combination with the additional post-Brexit checks.

You claim no-one has made this point and that only Dover is affected. Completely wrong on both counts.
So no deal then? You admit that queues will subside and that therefore it's likely due to staffing issues in France?

Afterall, in a weeks time we will still be outside the EU, but the other will have changed?

I have never said Brexit is a saviour to all problems - it isn't. And even if it makes 100 things better, it's still possible it makes 90 things worse. There are greater checks now, thats undeniable. When I entered Spain in May my passport was stamped, previously it wasn't, but it took literally 1 second.

The far bigger issue, and the issue seemingly at play here, is that the French side was understaffed yesterday and that is going to play a far bigger role in delays than anything else.