Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
I think there was an announcement right at the end (not sure about half time as I didn't stay in my seat). I'm not excusing the club, it's always poor for cup matches and we have this same discussion every year.

In the past, I've bought tickets for mates no problem, but looking at the website it says something about only being able to purchase one. I think all of this is a mess tbh and is just confusing. I might even leave it until next Tuesday night now.

You're right about the Portsmouth tickets going on sale to their supporters. World's gone mad a tell ya!
Much easier for the away team to deal with their sales. Their area of the ground is fixed and the number of tickets known straight away and sent on to them, so they could start selling immediately. In our case we have to decide the areas of the ground to be open, pricing structures, allocation between different groups of supporters and actually deal with the full organisation of the match. There is still over a week to go before the game as well. It is very easy to criticise the ticket office system here but few, if any, of us know how it actually works or how busy they have been dealing with season tickets and general league match sales. Also, I would imagine that the staff are generally quite young and on the lower end of the wage scale, so continually telling them they are useless is not the way to go. It wasn't that long ago that the only way to get a ticket was to go and queue up around the ground and tickets would be printed by a third party who had to deliver them to the club. Now everyone can buy their own tickets online, load them onto their phones and the club can print their own paper ones as well. Dealing with our fan base cant be easy either, if some of the questions raised on here and general complaints/comments are anything to go by !