Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
From what I’ve seen of it, it’s really no better than the blast. Any number of counties playing each other would have been as good (or as poor) as the contest yesterday, although I appreciate that was a particularly extreme example.

The commentary around it is one of the things I dislike most about it. It’s all a little emperor’s new clothes and feels like they’re purposefully towing the ECB PR sheet. I understand you’re not going to undermine a product you’ve paid good money for but feel you should be able to comment a bit more objectively on the particular sporting merit of individual games at least.

The only thing I think they’ve gotten right (and I can see this changing should things progress) is the number of games are at a relative minimum compared to your IPLs and BBs.

Anyway, Glammy against Kent today with two sides picking up wins in their first matches.
The way Michael Vaughan and Isa guha behaved as chief cheerleaders last year will live me for a long time. They both almost delighted in trying to do down 'traditional cricket ' at every opportunity. Enjoyed seeing Vaughans fall from grace last year, hopefully guha has similar coming soon !