+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big game Saturday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Big game Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Portsmouth was always a tricky one considering the fact SM had to give a game to everyone else.
    I don’t agree. I don’t believe Morison was obliged to give game time to anyone. I am of the opinion that he (and every other Championship manager for that matter) should have picked the strongest side he had available to him while allowing for injuries and those who obviously needed resting.

This notion that managers must field weakened sides in cup competitions does my head in. These are professional footballers we’re talking about. They are paid to win football games. The reserves losing to a League One outfit doesn’t benefit anyone in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don’t agree. I don’t believe Morison was obliged to give game time to anyone. I am of the opinion that he (and every other Championship manager for that matter) should have picked the strongest side he had available to him while allowing for injuries and those who obviously needed resting.

This notion that managers must field weakened sides in cup competitions does my head in. These are professional footballers we’re talking about. They are paid to win football games. The reserves losing to a League One outfit doesn’t benefit anyone in any way.
    I agree , no wonder the crowd last night was poor, that said I had a good evening apart from the second half.

What was the crowd in the end , bearing in mind Pompey brought close to 1,200

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I agree , no wonder the crowd last night was poor, that said I had a good evening apart from the second half.

What was the crowd in the end , bearing in mind Pompey brought close to 1,200
    I had a good evening too and the game was fairly entertaining, even allowing for the fact that City were shocking in the second half.

I don’t think they’ve released the crowd figure. Maybe they’re embarrassed by it. Good turnout from Pompey, but I don’t think it was as high as 1,200. I’d say closer to 800, but that’s just a guess.