Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
We could do these metaphors for weeks BD!

It's league game 3. We've won 2 out of 3. Everybody out there makes a mistake in a game, it's the sum of all the parts. One minute we say "give them time" or "they're a new team" or "I'll be happy if we avoid relegation" or, or, etc. etc.

You can't say management are paid to make these decisions and then have a go at the players all the time. I think Morison did the right thing by starting him yesterday (I'd have played him against Portsmouth on Tuesday night) and one of my criticism's last season was that our manager never knew his starting 11. Do we right off Etete for his, arguably, a worse miss yesterday? No. If it keeps happening then have a go at the manager not the player. There was a team out there yesterday. It was another good win at home and there were plenty of chances which was even better than against Norwich. Morison and the lads deserve a lot of credit for what they gave us yesterday in, as I said, horrible conditions to play a game of football.

If we keep playing like this at home, and picking up points, then teams won't want to play here. That's a far cry from last season. Then, we can hopefully start picking up some points away from home in what should be the harder fixtures.

We have to stop focusing on individuals and look at the team and management as a whole. They did good yesterday. Very good.
Watters had the ball at his feet with plenty of time and he ****ed it up. Etete headed off target from a cross, albeit a perfectly weighted one. Watters miss was far worse in my opinion.