Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Out of curiosity, who feels that away fans coming to Cardiff should be intimidated or should they be able to enjoy a game without idiots goading them?
You obviously are dead against it and were quite insulting earlier in the thread. I’ve been away plenty of times and our section has been next to the vocal home fans, I’ve not been intimidated once. The idiots goading each other are usually about twenty strong and site themselves as near to each other as possible, it certainly doesn’t affect the vast majority on both sides who are intent on watching the game. You sound like one of those people who never go and ask you in the pub after ‘Any trouble down there?’.

A bit of edge adds to the atmosphere and everyone mixes outside the ground without a pick of bother. Perhaps it’s you who can’t help himself and, when near the opposing fans, has to watch them rather than the match.

I’m just all for improving the atmosphere at our ground, it gets quite embarrassing on times when our support is completely drowned out by the away fans (it does seem that the acoustics are better at the Grange End) if we go behind in a game. Whereas that is the precise time the team needs the backing and, in my opinion, home fans near the away fans, rather than go into their shell when their team is losing up their game to match the the away support. It certainly happened at a Reading the other Saturday and has happened a few times at the Hawthorns.

Unfortunately you still seem to be stuck in the ‘hooligan, let’s get over the fence era’. Thankfully fans mix freely outside grounds now, get buses together, nobody is still charging up and down Sloper Rd. What goes on in the ground, stays in the ground.