Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
The reason that there is a lot less trouble at home games nowadays is almost entirely down to the layout and management of the new stadium, which was purpose built to provide a safe/secure and easily ‘policed’ environment for fans. Putting opposing fans right next to each other would drive a horse and cart through the whole system. There is evidence of bad behaviour by some City fans but especially other teams fans, in recent years as well, usually fuelled by alcohol. What about when someone scores at the Grange end and celebrates in front of their own fans - right next to the opposition fans !! Why anyone would want to change a system that works and encourage fan confrontation, is beyond me. Perhaps the people now complaining the loudest are part of the original problem and miss ‘the good old days’ ?
Except lots of stadiums, modern and old, manage just fine with away fans next to the vocal home supporters. Unless you think Cardiff would be the one exception and we’d revert back to the days of 80’s style hooliganism?
Which was before I was born I’ll add, so your last point is incorrect in my case.