+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welcome to Wrexham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Welcome to Wrexham

Loads of interest before release and now all eyes are on fecking rangers and boring managers. I wish we had those two behind us instead of Tan the best disappearing man.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Loads of interest before release and now all eyes are on fecking rangers and boring managers. I wish we had those two behind us instead of Tan the best disappearing man.
    Not for me, as headline grabbing as it is. I’d imagine they’re not wealthy enough for where we are and also the nagging feeling that it’s all going to end in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not for me, as headline grabbing as it is. I’d imagine they’re not wealthy enough for where we are and also the nagging feeling that it’s all going to end in tears.
    I get you . it's a small community,but they at least want to do something for the town which i think is wonderful

I get you . it's a small community,but they at least want to do something for the town which i think is wonderful
    It is a good time to be a Wrexham fan and football is all about ‘now’, not last season or ‘he’s not all that clever at the moment but he’s one for the future’. I do hope it works out well for them and they make the difficult step up (its a bugger of a league to get out of) but if they do it, it’ll be interesting to see the owner’s next move.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They're nowhere near wealthy enough for a Championship team with Premier League aspirations. I have no fondness in particular for Wrexham. However, I certainly like them more than Swansea or Newport. I don't see this as being a huge, Hollywood-style success story. But I think Wrexham will do alright out of it.,

What, two Hollywood film stars with restricted unknown finances, who until very recently knew absolutely nothing about football in the UK. Isn't that what you have been moaning about here for ages ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What, two Hollywood film stars with restricted unknown finances, who until very recently knew absolutely nothing about football in the UK. Isn't that what you have been moaning about here for ages ?
    Ok bud ..i bow down to Tan and his football knowledge. jesus christ

I'm intrigued by it. Ryan Reynolds comes across as a decent bloke to be fair.
    I don't think these guys are just in it to take the piss.
    I do get the impression from the clips I've seen that Reynolds does take the whole thing pretty seriously and is at least somewhat emotionally invested.
    I'm intrigued to see how the next few years pan out for Wrexham. I'm sure they'll openly admit that they have no clue about running a football club. Hopefully they surround themselves with the right people and not any of the many leeches out there.
    Who knows, Wrexham might be a future fixture. It's more interesting than zooport.