+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 PRESTON N.E. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 PRESTON N.E. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    I'd rather us give Crole a go at this rate
    Nothing to lose.

Not just you. If I was a wide player in this team putting in crosses just to see Watters inexplicably marking the central defender furthest from the ball every time I’d not be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Guaranteed 0-0 this match, get your mortgage on it
    The only thing I didn’t bet on, go with your gut man!!

Brief highlights https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...hip-highlights
    What a debut goal that would have been for Nkounkou.

Looks like defensively he's maybe going to be a bit of an adventure at times, but going forward you can see the quality. Looks like a great find for a late window desperation punt.

So much better to watch than last season, considering the amount of new faces and how early in the season it is I’m happy.

Cardiff manager Steve Morison said: "It was an excellent performance, we just didn't cap it off with a goal.

"They defended their box really well and, if we keep playing like that, we'll win more than we lose.

"Performance first and the result will follow. To a man, we were fantastic but just didn't have that one [chance] fall to us.

"Everyone in our team had a chance today and they [Preston] put their bodies on the line and defended really well. It was just one of those days."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Was Watters 'movement' fantastic again?
    Lol - probably 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Lol - probably 🙄
    Waters played well today and did the full 90 minutes. He didn't have a clear cut chance but a couple of half chances which were defended well. However, he worked hard, ran the channels well, held the ball up well and brought other players into the game with good lay offs. His general movement was good. He just needs a goal and will be off and running. Any criticism of his performance today would just be for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Waters played well today and did the full 90 minutes. He didn't have a clear cut chance but a couple of half chances which were defended well. However, he worked hard, ran the channels well, held the ball up well and brought other players into the game with good lay offs. His general movement was good. He just needs a goal and will be off and running. Any criticism of his performance today would just be for the sake of it.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    No.
    Is it just me that doesn't understand why we continue to put so many crosses into the box when we have nobody with the nouse or physical presence to get on the end of them?
    We had more joy pulling it back central to the edge of the area, only then to be confounded by a lack of ability to put the shot on what is a fairly large target.
    A golden example of criticism just for the sake of it. You obviously didn't watch the game properly, if at all.

I didn’t see it, but a goal any time soon would be nice and entirely reasonable to expect as he is a striker.

‘Great movement’ 🙄

A golden example of criticism just for the sake of it. You obviously didn't watch the game properly, if at all.
    How is that comment wrong? What crosses did Watters actually get on the end of?

Well said.
    Spedger

I actually think he did ok today but he never makes that run across the front post, he doesn’t anticipate chances and is flat footed. When O’Dowda got to the byline, Watters should be breaking his neck to get in front of the defender. Instead he is waiting. That will take a defender out, Watters might score and it could open up space in the middle of the box for an onrushing CM

Our biggest issue is the lack of a striker, and a midfielder that breaks the lines. We don’t commit enough numbers into the box and that’s why we aren’t scoring

I watched the game. All of it. Properly. With my eyes. As is the way.
    I wasn't criticising anybody. I thought every player on the pitch put in a good shift and played well. I responded "no" to the movement question because I did not see as many slick attacking runs from Watters as I have previously. But maybe it was not that sort of a game. And he more than made up for it in other ways as has been described well by others.
    My main point was simply questioning (not criticising) the number of crosses that go into the box when we don't have the right type of strikers to get on the end of them. I was just saying maybe it would be better to play it back infield and go through the centre more and/or hit some shots on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I actually think he did ok today but he never makes that run across the front post, he doesn’t anticipate chances and is flat footed. When O’Dowda got to the byline, Watters should be breaking his neck to get in front of the defender. Instead he is waiting. That will take a defender out, Watters might score and it could open up space in the middle of the box for an onrushing CM

Our biggest issue is the lack of a striker, and a midfielder that breaks the lines. We don’t commit enough numbers into the box and that’s why we aren’t scoring
    So spot on,but i do think if Watters does score,could open up the flood gates.

We had 3 more attempts on goal than Liverpool who won 9-0 today.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we look like a mid table championship side...and considering what the club has put in , that iswhat you get
    I think we look like playoff contenders. If we start scoring. We're not top two but we are capable of being "better than the rest"

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think we look like playoff contenders. If we start scoring. We're not top two but we are capable of being "better than the rest"
    Yes, but we could also look like relegation candidates if we keep on not scoring and our defence struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Deffo

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, but we could also look like relegation candidates if we keep on not scoring and our defence struggles.
    Did you study satanism at school ?

Do the flood gates ever open for crap strikers?

You hear it all the time but i think it's better suited to those who have a proven ability and maybe need to settle in a new environment. Others are just sh1t and ever the optimist football fans will cling to anything.

Watters whilst wasn't bad today, he wasn't good either and he has no credit in the bank. We need to try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Do the flood gates ever open for crap strikers?

You hear it all the time but i think it's better suited to those who have a proven ability and maybe need to settle in a new environment. Others are just sh1t and ever the optimist football fans will cling to anything.

Watters whilst wasn't bad today, he wasn't good either and he has no credit in the bank. We need to try something else.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We're signing/loaning at least one striker. This team is too good to waste.