Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
He’s taken over from Mark Lawrenson on that pick the Premier League results thing on the BBC website and last time I looked, his record was worse than every celebrity he’s come up against. He was a footballing shock jock when he was on Talkshite, but has toned things down a bit on the beeb = God knows how, but he’s arguably their main man now on 5 Live among the ex footballers they use.

As for 606, I always switch it on without thinking while I’m doing the washing up on.a Sunday night and then switch it off after a minute or two, but last night there was quite a sensible Villa fan on - sensible fans a like an oasis in the desert on that programme, Savage and Sutton are hopeless, but the callers are usually worse.
I like Savage, he can be annoying at times as he isn't the brightest but he can be quite engaging with the football "banter". Sutton on the other hand is regularly just unpleasant for the sake of it and on 606 I'm sure it is a factor in the "quality" of calls to the show. I'd suggest the broadcasters need to pay attention to it and why nowadays on that show they seem to spend a significant amount of time having to ask for callers.