+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top flight and second tier attendances

Re: Top flight and second tier attendances

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Is it possible for attendances to go up at a time when the attendees preferred a bygone era? Yes or No...
    Are you suggesting that all attendees of football matches nowadays preferred a bygone era? If so, I can spot a tiny flaw in your plan.

"More Popular " than ever? It's too simplistic to draw that conclusion based solely on attendances. It's Better attended due to marketing and possibly more leisure time. To test if it were actually more Popular, a more indepth study would need to be conducted. Based on fan satisfaction compared with now and how they felt say, 30 years ago.
    But have the crowds seen an exponential growth or not?

"More Popular " than ever? It's too simplistic to draw that conclusion based solely on attendances. It's Better attended due to marketing and possibly more leisure time. To test if it were actually more Popular, a more indepth study would need to be conducted. Based on fan satisfaction compared with now and how they felt say, 30 years ago.
    surely attendances are the only measure of whether its more popular or not. Customer satisfaction ratings dont matter if there are bums on seats. if you include tv viewing figures that obviously skews the result as we didnt have live football for most of the last 70 years.

What would be interesting, especially in light of the stagnation of attendances in Spain, is what proportion of available seats do the above figures represent.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    surely attendances are the only measure of whether its more popular or not. Customer satisfaction ratings dont matter if there are bums on seats. if you include tv viewing figures that obviously skews the result as we didnt have live football for most of the last 70 years.

What would be interesting, especially in light of the stagnation of attendances in Spain, is what proportion of available seats do the above figures represent.
    I dont have it to hand but I think Premier league games are typically at about 97% of tickets sold.

Germany would be close to that. France, Italy and Spain nowhere near

Is it possible for attendances to go up at a time when the attendees preferred a bygone era? Yes or No...
    What had that got to do with it being more popular? More popular doesn’t have anything to do with preference or better, it just means more people are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are you suggesting that all attendees of football matches nowadays preferred a bygone era? If so, I can spot a tiny flaw in your plan.
    I didn't say ALL. That would be silly Eric. Back to the drawing board.

I didn't say ALL. That would be silly Eric. Back to the drawing board.
    Thank God for that. I'd suggest rephrasing things.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    What had that got to do with it being more popular? More popular doesn’t have anything to do with preference or better, it just means more people are interested.
    Ok, try it this way. If more people "prefer" option A over Option B. Which is more popular?

Thank God for that. I'd suggest rephrasing things.
    My phrasing was fine, nobody else had a problem. Out of interest, What would have been a flaw?

Then it's about how the question is worded and loaded.

My phrasing was fine, nobody else had a problem. Out of interest, What would have been a flaw?
    New crowds, new supporters.

New crowds, new supporters.
    Not necessarily, it could just mean occasional fans going more frequently at the same time.

Anyone one else wondering how TLG is reacting to having the contributions of Lither in one of his beautifully researched and crafted threads?

Ok, try it this way. If more people "prefer" option A over Option B. Which is more popular?
    Are twice as many people attending option B?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Anyone one else wondering how TLG is reacting to having the contributions of Lither in one of his beautifully researched and crafted threads?
    It's par for the course. All sorts of oddballs end up in threads like this. Know what I mean?

C

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's par for the course. All sorts of oddballs end up in threads like this. Know what I mean?
    Yep - your meaningful comments on my thoughtful and data-strewn threads