Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
I agree with some of the above post but there are a few inaccuracies.

Bills have gone up less in France possibly because their main suppliers are nationalised and there is a relatively heavy reliance on nuclear. The nuclear programme was abandoned in the UK when Labour cancelled 10 proposed nuclear plants by declaring "No more Nuclear". There were good reasons for that at the time as there was concern about the disposal of nuclear waste. Nonetheless the comparison with France is not that relevant.

I must admit I chuckled at the mention of Johnson not attending COBRA meetings. That of course is true but in my experience PMs rarely attend them unless the matter to be discussed escalates to a full blown emergency. While Johnson did not attend the early meetings he was fully engaged later on. Your comment however, about sorting out the mess with his personal life rings true but again I don't think not attending early COBRA meetings is directly linked to his personal situation.

I'm not a fan of Johnson either but I understand how the things you have raised suddenly become fact.
Some facts for you Vindec.

When Labour left office in 2010 there were plans for as many as 10 nuclear power stations.

It was the coalition government of 2010/15 that failed to start building them.

In power for over 12 years the Conservative party have done virtually nothing to increase nuclear power.

In 2017 the Conservative government allowed gas storage to be slashed. This was done purely to increase profit and is a major part of the gas price problem today.

Conservative governments since 2015 have not invested sufficiently in green energy such as wind and solar.

But, of course, it's all the fault of the Labour Party