+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Re: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Has to be a bust up. Maybe some fisticuffs. Some not-so-nice words being exchanged.

**** sake. I really thought we’d have a few years of stability, he’s signed 17 players who fit a team and system he wants to play. Pep wouldn’t get us promoted this season so why not let him fine tune his tactics, find his best team and let him plan for the next few years.

Back to the classic “new manager every 12-18 months” strategy. How disappointing.

FFS!

I'm looking forward to hearing Morisons next interview with the press.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Just a hunch, I'm not sure that it was even on the agenda.

They backed him with Robinson a couple of weeks back.

No thank you from VT etc in the statement.
    ... and if Robinson scores that pelanty.... who knows...

Agree that we do seem to have some good players but the coaching maybe not quite up to it.

Touchel or Parker?

Colin on his way back, didnt he say the club had asked if he would step in if needed

NW available - and in Cardiff in the last fortnight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    NW available - and in Cardiff in the last fortnight.....
    god no

This is mad

Hartlepool have just this minute sacked Paul Hartley. Just saying...

Absolute clown show. Why let him completely remake the squad to bin him off so soon into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Hartlepool have just this minute sacked Paul Hartley. Just saying...
    Ex Millwall too

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Has to be a bust up. Maybe some fisticuffs. Some not-so-nice words being exchanged.
    Wouldn't surprise me

Seems seriously premature. So many new players have joined and with the club playing an entirely different style of play.
    Very harsh

Not Dyche either , please.....It's going to be Dyche isn't it.

even the brentford and arsenal fans are clapping

Is it the 1st April already?

Now Mark Hudson is in charge are we going to start a 'shoot from our own half' tactic?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Seems seriously premature. So many new players have joined and with the club playing an entirely different style of play.
    Very harsh
    As we all know though, it's a results driven business.
    I hate even using the word business when it comes to football, but that's the harsh reality.
    Tan has backed him with 17 players, one whose cost approx £1.5mil, yet we're not even testing the opposition's keeper.
    Something has to give if you're the owner I guess.

**** me. If it wasn't for the missed pen we would have had 4 out of 6 away. Who knows what's happened. Did he ask for a couple of out of contract players and was refused £1.5 million is peanuts these days. We've got no forwards, they cost big bucks.
    There's a pattern. Manager kerps us up, sacked the following season.

Well he's been given plenty of grief on yesterday's match thread lads !

So there we go . Decision made .

They probably saw that we lost to a team who sacked their manager in midweek and thought “well, if we can do that ten times a season”

Unless there is something going on behind the scenes (possibly non football related) or they’ve got someone lined up to come in (probably Warnock knowing this lot), this is the most ludicrous sacking in the club’s history I’d say.

This feels like when we implemented what Ken Choo called the Cardiff Way amid talk of changing the way we played and relying on our younger players. They ran out of patience with that and sacked the manager while appointing someone who was the complete antithesis of the new approach.

That decision had some sense to it though because we were struggling, but this is ridiculous. Steve Morison was given the chance to put together his own squad over the summer and bought completely into a new approach to the extent that, as someone who was completely in favour of a change of style, even I thought he had gone a bit too far.

Presumably, when you consider that Morison was given £1.5 million to spend on a new player on the last day of the window, the Board and owner were fully behind what Morison was doing?

This squad will not be able to go back to lumping it like we’ve been doing for nearly all of Vincent Tans time here - actually, I’ll change that to say they can try to lump it, but they’ll be absolute crap at it.

I honestly cannot believe this sacking and if they think that good quality managers won’t look at it and think that club’s not for me, the people in charge are even more out of touch than I thought they were - we’ll probably end up drawing a game somewhere along the way and so they’ll give the job to Mark Hudson.

Shocking. Absolutely ridiculous.

What a joke of a club we are. We deserve relegation.

Re: Morrison sacked

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Ridiculous. The signs of improvement are there. I’m not happy with this.
    .....you must have a very sensitive eye when it comes ot spotting improvement because I didn't see much..

I preferred what SM was doing compared to NW or MM but I think rather than keeping him on because of any perceived improvement I'd have kept him on because he is working on something long term and despite there only being crumbs of things to come, you have to give him time to experiment and find his feet ......the players too.

I was not in favour of Morison in the first place BUT this does not seem like a level-headed decision. It's seems a bit heat of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well he's been given plenty of grief on yesterday's match thread lads !

So there we go . Decision made .
    Fickle fans eh, who would have thought