+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Re: STEVE MORISON SACKED

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Darren Purse? Matthew Bloxham?
    Bob, I didn't realise Darren Purse was under the age of 23??

Steve Morison sacked – who saw that coming?

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

I would love to know if it’s results or ‘something else’

Either way it’s odd

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Feck me. Been out all day in the Pembrokeshire sunshine and deliberately left my phone at home.
    And this happens.
    Don't blame yourself mate, it could easily still have happened if you had your phone with you

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Feck me. Been out all day in the Pembrokeshire sunshine and deliberately left my phone at home.
    And this happens.
    I took off from Greece and we had a manager, landed and he’s gone lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Bob, I didn't realise Darren Purse was under the age of 23??
    He's the "Under 23s" guy though isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would love to know if it’s results or ‘something else’

Either way it’s odd
    Results if Paul Abbandonato is to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Our mates blood pressure and heart rate might come down a tad now he’s gone

I get back from a few days in the wild only to find that we are 6 pages in to a Morison sacking thread! I feel that I must been away for a lot longer than I was and possibly probed by aliens. And talking of aliens, the night sky down on The Lizard is unbelievablt spectacular. However back to this sacking malarkey: the shedload of ne'er-do-wells, nonentities and waistrels Morison brought in must be rather concerned. Their days of playing for Cardiff City Nil may be numbered.

Results if Paul Abbandonato is to be believed.
    I half expected him to go last night and a few on here were saying the same , as you have alluded to , I just hope they don’t go for a cheap option, which is what Huddersfield did with Schofield.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    S’pose we'll have to wait for the Netflix series to find out the truth (or more fittingly Disney). A Saturday night/Sunday morning sacking and his assistants seemingly staying smacks (no pun intended) of more than a ‘results’ decision. One player/member of staff has to blow the whistle on what happened, we as members of CCMB deserve to know the sordid truth.....only us mind. Meanwhile I think all outlandish, ridiculous, even sensible reasons should be aired on here.

For what it’s worth, I’m quite indifferent to the situation, I think he was up his own arse, quick to divert blame, gave undeserved praise yet was loathe to give justified praise, as if any tributes were due to his genius whereas he just didn’t want to recognise off the cuff decent play. His downfall was thinking he was better than what he was resulting in him coming over as a bit thick when trying to overdo the intelligence. His ‘football speak’ grated on me...’We’ve got him in building’, ‘The group are in it together’ etc. Not a humble bone in his body and it looks as though it’s come back to bite him on the arse.
    Not a fan then 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I half expected him to go last night and a few on here were saying the same , as you have alluded to , I just hope they don’t go for a cheap option, which is what Huddersfield did with Schofield.
    And we did with Harris and again with Morison!

Bob, your fingers are fast enough for the "fastest finger" on who wants to be a millionaire.
    It takes me half an hour to type a couple of paragraphs, and you're writing essays
    Don't be so negative yet though, we have no idea what plans are in place.
    Hopefully a plan of some sorts, hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I took off from Greece and we had a manager, landed and he’s gone lol
    What's the process for losing a manager on a flight is it the same as luggage 😭😭

Tbh I'm not surprised. it's true to form for this tinpot club.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    The most damning thing I can see for Hudson is that he's apparently taking first team training, he's a massively experienced center back at this level and we're still giving up at least one completely free far post header from set pieces per game.

It is interesting that apparently Hudson is the one arguing for a more adventurous style. I guess we'll see, but it would be just like Tan and Dalman to give him a 2 year deal based on a new manager bounce and then see him fired within 9 months. Mad club.
    They can’t be considering Hudson surely? Why not just keep Morison if that is the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    They can’t be considering Hudson surely? Why not just keep Morison if that is the case!
    It wouldn't be a surprise on past form - the club is badly run by non football people and I have no faith they will get the next appointment right

At this rate we will soon have more managers on the payroll than players with all the compo we are paying

We’re the new Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not a fan then 😂😂
    I just think that he’s got a very high, unjustified, opinion of himself football wise. His, in my opinion, over thinking of things tactically is a failing. His tinkering with the line up when not necessary is (was) a thing that’s annoying, it’s as if it came off he’d tap his nose with a ‘See how clever I am at this football tactics lark’, unfortunately, for him, it very rarely, if ever, came off.

Would be wonderful but I think wishful thinking. 😏

A few bits on who's apparently not on the list, and the reasons for the sacking here https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenOWi...47212273930241

Any new manager would have to select the team from the existing players with no prospect of funds in January. The tactics should be determined by the players at the new manager's disposal so any thoughts of playing hoofball will or should be out of the question as those that have been brought in are unsuitable for that kind of play. The best manager to select a team from the existing squad is Morrison and that is why the decision to sack him is bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    A few bits on who's apparently not on the list, and the reasons for the sacking here https://mobile.twitter.com/DarrenOWi...47212273930241
    Another guy who reckons he knows stuff, fails to back it up with names, and then will later tell you he knew all along
    After the news breaks.

At least the in the know battles will be entertaining for the next few weeks.

Don't like to see anyone lose their job but he should never have been given the job in the first place, completely out of his depth.