+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone turned the heating on yet?

Re: Anyone turned the heating on yet?

Im looking at a log burner for the " man cave " but Im not sure on it, we are trying to look after the environment, still in 2 minds and deciding

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Putty it is then
    its used alot in the building game, and does " De-gas " really quickly ( think its 24 hours for most ) them fumes would be outside aswell

a thin strip of uPVC trim would look fine under a cill

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Im looking at a log burner for the " man cave " but Im not sure on it, we are trying to look after the environment, still in 2 minds and deciding
    Shoving a log burner up your arse isn't going to help the environment, Matt.

Nope no need its fairly warm .

Thought I’d run mine after reading this….no problem all summer with water but the heating won’t come on….I think it’s the wireless thermostat again. Good to know now I guess rather than in a month when I’ll prob want it running

nobody moaning about moving this non football thread!!! make of it what you will

Modern domestic wood , log burners

An old fella near me with asthma and breathing difficulties is worried as a young couple over the road are installing a wood burner .

Is this likely to affect him ? I have told him not to worry as its 20 feet high but he's a very nervous old bloke 😬

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Thought I’d run mine after reading this….no problem all summer with water but the heating won’t come on….I think it’s the wireless thermostat again. Good to know now I guess rather than in a month when I’ll prob want it running
    You’ve got a thermostat on your wireless? Can you still get Popmaster

Not football related

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Not football related
    Ok then, anyone turned on their undersoil heating yet?

Heating on?

Christ, I've been sat in shorts all weekend.

Had a week in Spain with the Mrs, got back at 4pm on Friday. House was freezing. The heating went on as soon as we got in. It is off again now.

I love this time of year

I can't sleep during the summer

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Not football related
    Morison was asked to turn down the temperature in the dressing room as it was getting heated, he's now out in the cold , not likely to fire up the heat in that dressing room anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    We have one but to purchase a bag of seasoned cut logs is about £80. Is this really more cost efficient than just turning the central heating on for an hour in the evening?
    The advantage of using logs is that you will have a better handle of ongoing cost. It's easier to assess what value of logs you are going through (and having paid in advance) rather than waiting for the retrospective energy bills to arrive.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The advantage of using logs is that you will have a better handle of ongoing cost. It's easier to assess what value of logs you are going through (and having paid in advance) rather than waiting for the retrospective energy bills to arrive.
    Smart meters tell you every hour, every day.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    mine dont it seems its not so smart they cant even get my monthly bill properly

International

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    mine dont it seems its not so smart they cant even get my monthly bill properly
    Is it an old one?

I've just had a new one from British Gas, seems to work so far, but haven't had it long.

Is it an old one?

I've just had a new one from British Gas, seems to work so far, but haven't had it long.
    3 year old its one of the smets 2

I have a reason not to have one installed just yet: my energy supplier overestimated my gas bill about 6 months ago and charged me at what was then the going rate. Until my consumption reaches their overestimated reading it's in my interest to use gas at what is effectively a cheaper rate and declare my usage at very low levels in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have a reason not to have one installed just yet: my energy supplier overestimated my gas bill about 6 months ago and charged me at what was then the going rate. Until my consumption reaches their overestimated reading it's in my interest to use gas at what is effectively a cheaper rate and declare my usage at very low levels in the meantime.
    thats the way i refused my new direct debit after they wouldnt justify it going from i think £85 to something like £190 a month so i decided to pay for what i use ,they now email my annual increase will be approx £540 on dual fuel not including the £400 government help

A mate works at Duffryn Gardens and they have a pile of seasoned logs 🪵 they’ve chopped up from storm damaged trees
    He kindly drops a van full off for me in exchange for tequila lol
    Apart from that I always buy kiln dried logs from Home Bargains
    £3.99 a bag I think it’s 10 kilo’s
    A bag would last two nights
    I usually put a couple of clothes airers in front as well to dry so it’s handy for that
    I don’t light it every night
    like Sludge I much prefer this time of year
    Cooler nights 😊👍

You will probably need to pair it again to the receiver unit, I usually have to do do this once a year or when the battery in the thermostat dies.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    You will probably need to pair it again to the receiver unit, I usually have to do do this once a year or when the battery in the thermostat dies.
    How do you pair it?
    It’s next to it at the moment but nowt going on…replaced it once a few years ago; not the receiver though just the thermostat but; maybe receivers gone down….

How do you pair it?
    It’s next to it at the moment but nowt going on…replaced it once a few years ago; not the receiver though just the thermostat but; maybe receivers gone down….
    Do you know whether it's wired to the mains or battery?