+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

My mate goes away watching Glamorganquite a lot and a few years ago, they had an informal arrangement with close by counties like Somerset, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire that ourmembers had some sort of discount at those grounds and vice versa atCardiff. I don’t think it applies any more though, but it’d be worth checking.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My mate goes away watching Glamorganquite a lot and a few years ago, they had an informal arrangement with close by counties like Somerset, Gloucestershire and Worcestershire that ourmembers had some sort of discount at those grounds and vice versa atCardiff. I don’t think it applies any more though, but it’d be worth checking.
    That takes me back. When I was a youngster before I started playing club cricket every weekend ,my dad always bought me a Glamorgan membership card. I seem to remember what you have stated above was always included in the membership. I’d completely forgotten about that until your comment Bob.

On a different note, I’m going to a do tonight at Hopkinstown Cricket Club tonight initiated by Michael Cann who played for Glamorgan back in the late 80s. Canny is putting a lot of effort into revitalising cricket in the valleys and has organised tonight with Matt Maynard donating his time for nothing as guest speaker. Auctioning off some cricket memorabilia including Labuschagne’s bat (well one of them). I’m still struggling with my conscience whether to donate my 1968 Australia autographed bat. Should be a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    That takes me back. When I was a youngster before I started playing club cricket every weekend ,my dad always bought me a Glamorgan membership card. I seem to remember what you have stated above was always included in the membership. I’d completely forgotten about that until your comment Bob.

On a different note, I’m going to a do tonight at Hopkinstown Cricket Club tonight initiated by Michael Cann who played for Glamorgan back in the late 80s. Canny is putting a lot of effort into revitalising cricket in the valleys and has organised tonight with Matt Maynard donating his time for nothing as guest speaker. Auctioning off some cricket memorabilia including Labuschagne’s bat (well one of them). I’m still struggling with my conscience whether to donate my 1968 Australia autographed bat. Should be a good night.
    Blimey, it’s coming up to forty years sine Mike Cann played for Glamorgan - I would have said twenty five at the most! Based on that, maybe those reciprocal deals I talked about were more twentieth century than twenty first!

Hope tonight goes well, I think I’d keep the bat if was my decision to make