+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SWANSEA CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'd rather go down and work on playing football than stay up playing long ball. Today has happened as a result of seasons blasting the football upfield
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Spot on
    If we get relegated, the club would be lucky to get crowds of 7 to 8 thousand

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why pick on him? He came on with ten minutes left with the game decided.
    I don’t pick on players, and im not only judging him on this cameo. It’s October and I’ve not seen what he offers, I can’t even tell if he’s a striker.

He looks bewildered when he comes on. Maybe he needs a run of games but we are not in a position to let him learn on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Never in our history has our crowd halved, or even dropped by any significant amount after relegation to the third tier

I'd rather go down and work on playing football than stay up playing long ball. Today has happened as a result of seasons blasting the football upfield
    We could have a team playing nice football and still get relegated

I personally want us to stay up , not ponce about with skirts on

Re: SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Squad is poor, we have so many samey players that aren't good enough. Rino, Ralls and Wintle isn't going to open sides up, Sawyers isn't good enough and we are a mess at the back. O'Dowda is streets ahead of anyone we have attacking and now we don't have Robinson. The fact we should be starting Mark Harris shows what a disaster this summer was.
    If it wasn't for Derby and Reading having point deductions last season we would only have been safe by a few points, and that with a team with more goal threat in Hugill and Uche plus the pace of Drameh and Doyle. We were also a threat from set pieces with Flint. At the start of the season Kevin Ratcliffe commented on the new squad wondering where the goals were going to come from.....he was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    If it wasn't for Derby and Reading having point deductions last season we would only have been safe by a few points, and that with a team with more goal threat in Hugill and Uche plus the pace of Drameh and Doyle. We were also a threat from set pieces with Flint. At the start of the season Kevin Ratcliffe commented on the new squad wondering where the goals were going to come from.....he was spot on.
    Plenty on here used to have a go at flint and Morrison as being cart horses

The fact was they were leaders on the pitch and chipped in with goals

Now we don't have their presence at set plays

It's concerning to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We could have a team playing nice football and still get relegated

I personally want us to stay up , not ponce about with skirts on
    The game has moved on from the physical battle you enjoy. We need to move on as well.

The game has moved on from the physical battle you enjoy. We need to move on as well.
    This isn't the time to tart about with diamond formations sonny

We need goals and points

You are in a dreamworld

This isn't the time to tart about with diamond formations sonny

We need goals and points

You are in a dreamworld
    It's not about tarting about with formations. Long ball, in yer face football, has had its day. Teams know how to deal with it at this level.

You'd avocate playing long ball when we're struggling, in mid table or going for promotion. You are a footballing dinosaur.

It's not about tarting about with formations. Long ball, in yer face football, has had its day. Teams know how to deal with it at this level.

You'd avocate playing long ball when we're struggling, in mid table or going for promotion. You are a footballing dinosaur.
    You carry on dreaming about a team of permed haired Glenn hoddles dancing around like show horses

Whilst we drop further into trouble

We don't have the players and we are running out of time

You don't play yourself out of a relegation battle

You get stuck in , score goals , play percentage football and get points on the board

You will be here , still spouting about playing passing football as the good ship cardiff city sinks into league 1

We don't have time for messing about .

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Warnock walked after he turned into a failure.
    What was ‘failure’ at the time? Top 10?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It would be a disaster for Cardiff City to be relegated. Essential to stay in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It would be a disaster for Cardiff City to be relegated. Essential to stay in this division.
    Bigger clubs than ours have been relegated to league 1. Wont be nice but not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Bigger clubs than ours have been relegated to league 1. Wont be nice but not the end of the world.
    As long as you bounce back quickly. I remember how dire things were for Cardiff at times in the 80’s and 90’s. The club was on its knees. Would hate to see the club go back down that route

Re: SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    We gave up last season, we'd have done better if we had something to play for. There were 5 teams worse with less points than us without points deductions, and we'd have finished higher had Morison not completely wasted the last 7 games or so.

Sunderland , Wednesday , Pompey , Derby have a big loyal support and the backing of the local community to pull them back

I would love to have that but I am afraid we don't

You carry on dreaming about a team of permed haired Glenn hoddles dancing around like show horses

You get stuck in , score goals , play percentage football and get points on the board

You will be here , still spouting about playing passing football as the good ship cardiff city sinks into league 1

Who is dreaming of a team of Glenn Hoddles?

I don't advocate any side passing the ball around just for the hell of it, like Swansea were doing earlier this season.

We've had a change of style this season and, according to all City fans I know, they've liked what they've seen. It is work in progress. It is a move away from the boring long ball bollocks we've suffered for years.

I don't know if you've noticed, but we're not as tall a squad as we have been. Long ball, percentage football would not work for us with the players we have. Whacking the ball upfield and scrapping for it will not work for us.

If we're to have any sort of long term success, we need a change from the long ball days. Just because things aren't working after a couple of months doesn't mean revert back to the old ways.

What happens if we did revert back to your shitty type of football and we stayed up? Do we then try a more passing game again next season or put up with that tripe? If we try a passing game again and it doesn't work, do we then go back to long ball? We get caught up in a loop trying to stay in the division season after season. Bollocks to that.

Sunderland , Wednesday , Pompey , Derby have a big loyal support and the backing of the local community to pull them back

I would love to have that but I am afraid we don't
    You've been roasted on this time and again and you're still spouting shite on this.

Going down would be a complete and utter disaster, and should be avoided at all costs. There is no guarantee we'd be back any time soon and the damage done would be immeasurable. We lost a generation of fans last time. It must not happen.

You've been roasted on this time and again and you're still spouting shite on this.
    Don't flatter yourself

If City go down we will not be getting the crowds of Derby , Sunderland , Wednesday and Pompey

It will be a disaster for this club

We will be getting gates of around 10000

You can quote me on that

Good one Sludge mate, let's play hoof ball proper naughty stuck in footie with our 5'10" strikers and non physically imposing CBs that can't dominate set pieces.

The side has been ripped up, it's entirely different to years ago where we had players to play that style.

I don't advocate any side passing the ball around just for the hell of it, like Swansea were doing earlier this season.

We've had a change of style this season and, according to all City fans I know, they've liked what they've seen. It is work in progress. It is a move away from the boring long ball bollocks we've suffered for years.

I don't know if you've noticed, but we're not as tall a squad as we have been. Long ball, percentage football would not work for us with the players we have. Whacking the ball upfield and scrapping for it will not work for us.

If we're to have any sort of long term success, we need a change from the long ball days. Just because things aren't working after a couple of months doesn't mean revert back to the old ways.

What happens if we did revert back to your shitty type of football and we stayed up? Do we then try a more passing game again next season or put up with that tripe? If we try a passing game again and it doesn't work, do we then go back to long ball? We get caught up in a loop trying to stay in the division season after season. Bollocks to that.
    You are deluded

I can't help you anymore

Go and scoff some mogadon and go to sleep till this is all over

i am

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Going down would be a complete and utter disaster, and should be avoided at all costs. There is no guarantee we'd be back any time soon and the damage done would be immeasurable. We lost a generation of fans last time. It must not happen.
    Absolutely. A complete nightmare .