+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When Will The Left ?

Re: When Will The Left ?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Can anyone translate into English?
    Something about it being Labour's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Perhaps he should stick to copying and pasting.

Denmark keen on Rwanda soultion ,perhaps Labour should back government on this idea ..

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...sylum-seekers/

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Denmark keen on Rwanda soultion ,perhaps Labour should back government on this idea ..

Or perhaps they shouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I know nuance isn't your cup of tea but there is a big difference between our 'rwanda deal' and their proposed 'rwanda deal'

Theirs involves the transfer of illegal arrivals for processing, with the prospect of resettlement in Denmark if they meet the criteria for asylum.

Ours invalidates their right to settlement in the UK even if they fully meet the criteria for asylum BECAUSE they entered illegally.

I don't think either plan is particularly moral or practical but theirs at least complies with international law.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Can anyone translate into English?
    It's actually one of his better written rants. Complete nonsense of course but I can for once make out what he is trying to say.

'Stop politicising this issue', proceeds to politicise it in the next sentence.

This article by the author Tony Parsons is absolutely on the money for me. Agree with almost every word. And there is a nice photo of Pamela Anderson in there too.

This it struck me: "But the current system is not working and if the numbers are not controlled, the UK will be a far uglier, less welcoming country than it was before."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/203348...c_article=true

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This article by the author Tony Parsons is absolutely on the money for me. Agree with almost every word. And there is a nice photo of Pamela Anderson in there too.

This it struck me: "But the current system is not working and if the numbers are not controlled, the UK will be a far uglier, less welcoming country than it was before."

James if that pile of shit resonates with you then I feel sorry for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    12 years of Tory government and it's always someone else's fault.

Typical Sun dog whistling. Nothing remotely helpful in that article.

It's f*cking people, newspapers and articles like that which stirs trouble. In fact, you're doing it by proxy.

Two stock responses to that article.

1 - Criticise the messenger (in this case me, or Tony Parsons / The Sun however you look at it)
    2 - Zero response to the issues raised within it.

Thats what I mean by the left kinda ignoring the issues and letting them fester.

These issues still exist whoever is in power.

1 - Criticise the messenger (in this case me, or Tony Parsons / The Sun however you look at it)

Thats what I mean by the left kinda ignoring the issues and letting them fester.

And one stock response from you every time.

Mate that article is absolute rubbish. No answers, dominated by 'labour would do worse', conflating about 5 different issues in one and reaching no conclusions.

Also he seems to think the Rwanda policy won't work, have you changed your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    And one stock response from you every time.
    No it isn't. You haven't addressed the issues in the article. If you had I wouldnt have said that, would I?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    You must be the only person not currently aware of this. Type 'Albanian drug gangs UK' into Google. The list is endless.
    I'm aware of the reports. If its so prevalent and easy to see then you have to ask why the police do nothing about it.

"But this is the greatest country in the world, ......

Because if you were living in Albania or the EU, then you would probably want to live here too".

Tells us all we need to know. About the article, the target audience, and about you.

No it isn't. You haven't addressed the issues in the article. If you had I wouldnt have said that, would I?
    Yes it is....we can do this all day.

BTW...I read a couple of books of his years ago now. Can't remember a thing about them but now I see what he's turned into and who he's prostituting himself to, it makes me feel grubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yes it is....we can do this all day.

BTW...I read a couple of books of his years ago now. Can't remember a thing about them but now I see what he's turned into and who he's prostituting himself to, it makes me feel grubby.
    He answered an advert in the NME for “hip young gunslingers” in the 70s and look what he is now - I can’t call him Tory gammon on here these days can I, but…..

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    "But this is the greatest country in the world, ......

Because if you were living in Albania or the EU, then you would probably want to live here too".

Tells us all we need to know. About the article, the target audience, and about you.
    Posting an article by a novelist that raises many of the legitimate issues that many of you refuse to acknowledge tells you all you need to know about me?

Give it a rest - if you judge someone like that Peter, it is you we have learnt more about, not me. You know nothing about me whatsoever, or the issues and problems in my life.

I could make assumptions about you given that you dismiss all the issues raised - Shall I do that?

Posting an article by a novelist that raises many of the legitimate issues that many of you refuse to acknowledge tells you all you need to know about me?

If you judge someone like that Peter, it is you we have learnt more about, not me. You know nothing about me whatsoever, or the issues and problems in my life.
    There is nothing - nothing - in there that is worthy of 'legitimate' debate

It is a xenophobic piece of crap, designed to please a xenophobic readership and sell more copies of the Sun......and you know it.

And you posted it....

Give it a rest - if you judge someone like that Peter, it is you we have learnt more about, not me. You know nothing about me whatsoever, or the issues and problems in my life.

I could make assumptions about you given that you dismiss all the issues raised - Shall I do that?
    Maybe I'm missing something, what groundbreaking new take are you seeing in that article?

- There's too many people entering illegally, no shit

- Putting them in hotels isn't a cost effective long term plan, no shit

The rest of the article is just fluff written to please the average sun reader. The fact that you think it's so good should worry you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    There is nothing - nothing - in there that is worthy of 'legitimate' debate

It is a xenophobic piece of crap, designed to please a xenophobic readership and sell more copies of the Sun......and you know it.

And you posted it....
    Not just posted it, but thought it absolutely on the money with barely a word he could disagree with.

Not the bit about asylum seekers living in luxury hotels (despite the sight of overflow tents at hostel centres).

Not the bit about it being Labour's fault,or France's.

Not the false comparison between the numbers at the height of the Covid lockdown and now.

Not the bit about naturally born tenants being kicked out of their rented accomodation to house "them".

Not the bit about the country being wonderfully welcoming but sneering that all you have to do is say you're gay, Christian or trafficked to get a free pass.

Not the bit that said it is only herds of lefty lawyers surfing a boom of human rights that is blocking a tsunami of exports to Rwanda.

And not the bit that said the only solution is to stop the boats.

All this from someone who slags off anyone who likes a Marina Hyde or John Crace article as living in an echo chamber!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not just posted it, but thought it absolutely on the money with barely a word he could disagree with.

Not the bit about asylum seekers living in luxury hotels (despite the sight of overflow tents at hostel centres).

Not the bit about it being Labour's fault,or France's.

Not the false comparison between the numbers at the height of the Covid lockdown and now.

Not the bit about naturally born tenants being kicked out of their rented accomodation to house "them".

Not the bit about the country being wonderfully welcoming but sneering that all you have to do is say you're gay, Christian or trafficked to get a free pass.

Not the bit that said it is only herds of lefty lawyers surfing a boom of human rights that is blocking a tsunami of exports to Rwanda.

And not the bit that said the only solution is to stop the boats.

All this from someone who slags off anyone who likes a Marina Hyde or John Crace article as living in an echo chamber!
    Careful now. This is the forum's self appointed balanced and unbiased Chief Debater you're talking about

17 posts in response. Lots of insults, lots of backs of hands to foreheads at the horror of reading something you disagree with, yet not one single counter point to deal with the problem. All you get upset about is words - the consequences never seem to cause any concern at all.

And that's why people would trust the alternative no more than the government, and perhaps even less so.