+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 HULL CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HULL CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Could have sworn that 5 added mins was announced, but ref blew FT on 94???
    The clock on the red button was wrong. It was still 89 when the 5 mins came up

Thrown it away between a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch after half time and a player who shouldn't even be close to being in this division.

Hull were the better side for a good period of the game, but should have been able to see that out with momentum and 25 mins left and absolutely pissed it away. If Hudson comes back with any combination of Ojo, Sawyers and Nelson in the next few weeks then he's clearly not the long term answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We need a huge clear out and reset.
    Again!

That game proved once and for all that Nelson,Ojo and Sawyers need never put a blue shirt on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It was but we did also beat Sunderland away which based off that would suggest we are not. Bad teams stay up consistently, you've got to be awful to get relegated, which I don't think we are.

Sawyers, Ojo and Nkounkou need long spells on the bench, they are lightweight and costing us points.
    Hudson had to take the blame for selecting Sawyers and Ojo and not taking Ojo off earlier.

But the whole tactics and style of play is abysmal.

We need an experienced manager to get us out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I thought that Hull looked half decent.
    Really? They’ve lost 3 of the last 4 and were missing their best player , any decent side would have beaten them comfortably, their passing at the back was not great and would have been punished further with better pressing .

I thought both teams were poor and gave the ball away continually

That early goal killed the crowd and the team.
    Having said that, Hull are a decent footballing side if you give them a chance. Which we did in spades.
    As poor tonight as we were good in the first half v Sunderland .

Looking at the replays I think Allsop could have saved 2nd and 3rd goals. He seems to half dive with his hands by his body instead of outstretched.

All in all a terrible performance lacking basic skills......OJO, Sawyers, Nelson, Nkounkou......deadwood. Romeo not too clever either tonight..

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It was but we did also beat Sunderland away which based off that would suggest we are not. Bad teams stay up consistently, you've got to be awful to get relegated, which I don't think we are.

Sawyers, Ojo and Nkounkou need long spells on the bench, they are lightweight and costing us points.
    Sawyers is absolutely horrendous. He offers nothing, he takes ages on the ball, can't move and loses it constantly. Ojo and Nkounkou were crap. Rino can't pass. Nelson is horrific. The drop off from Kipre, Wintle and Philogene is a chasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Looking at the replays I think Allsop could have saved 2nd and 3rd goals. He seems to half dive with his hands by his body instead of outstretched.

All in all a terrible performance lacking basic skills......OJO, Sawyers, Nelson, Nkounkou......deadwood. Romeo not too clever either tonight..
    Third one no chance, but second one was a very poor effort I thought. He's decent with the ball at his feet, but nowhere near the shot stopper that many of our goalies over the last 10 years have been. Another area where you take the good with the bad when it comes to the way Morison wanted to play.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If you can't get anything at all against the Hull's of this league then it spells trouble.
    Agreed. We are literally 'carrying' the following players at present:

1. Sheyji Ojo

Lacks concentration which has cost us dearly on more than one occasion. His poor clearance was the cause of the second give-away goal to Hull this evening.

2. N. Nkounkou

Does not defend or clear the ball properly. His distribution also leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.

3. Curtis Nelson

Did not stay with Slater for the third goal. He is at best a League One player..

I would bring back Joel Bagan & Tom Sang ASAP as things are weak at the back.

Just my 2 cents..

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    That early goal killed the crowd and the team.
    Having said that, Hull are a decent footballing side if you give them a chance. Which we did in spades.
    As poor tonight as we were good in the first half v Sunderland .
    You Cannot Be Serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Again!
    We'll also have less money for this reset too, if that's even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Really? They’ve lost 3 of the last 4 and were missing their best player , any decent side would have beaten them comfortably, their passing at the back was not great and would have been punished further with better pressing .

Yeah, they played some decent stuff at times, some good movement off the ball, especially in the first half. Their third was decent. I didn't think that they were crap tonight. I have no idea about their previous performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

It was the pressing that got us in the shit in the first place. We were pressing as a three, sometimes a four, Hudson went two and it worked well for a bit. Until we decided to drop off and play as a tighter unit, Hull found their rhythm for a crucial 15 minute period.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sawyers is absolutely horrendous. He offers nothing, he takes ages on the ball, can't move and loses it constantly. Ojo and Nkounkou were crap. Rino can't pass. Nelson is horrific. The drop off from Kipre, Wintle and Philogene is a chasm.
    Yep and Allsop was pretty poor.

Hull deserved the win.

They were gone and clueless until that shocking equaliser though.

When we pressed then their dodgy defence was shaky but we didnt press properly all game.

Passing the ball we are just shit at it and cant pass through teams.

It was 2 really poor sides. But they were the better of the 2 poor sides.

It looks like both Reading and Cardiff are in a relegation dogfight
    We are terrible and in deep trouble.
    Wigan look doomed and we could all have done with Huddersfield losing tonight.

Hull deserved the win.

They were gone and clueless until that shocking equaliser though.

When we pressed then their dodgy defence was shaky but we didnt press properly all game.

Passing the ball we are just shit at it and cant pass through teams.

It was 2 really poor sides. But they were the better of the 2 poor sides.
    We were dog shit. Hull's movement in midfield did for us, then we helped them out with some shocking defending.

It was the pressing that got us in the shit in the first place. We were pressing as a three, sometimes a four, Hudson went two and it worked well for a bit. Until we decided to drop off and play as a tighter unit, Hull found their rhythm for a crucial 15 minute period.
    No we weren't it was a half hearted press. Robinson was attempting to. Sawyers and Ojo were strolling around. It was as bad as Swansea at home last season.

The one thing this team is good at is giving you a glimmer of hope then hammering you in the balls.

We were dog shit. Hull's movement in midfield did for us, then we helped them out with some shocking defending.
    As shocking as Sawyers and Ojo were I hardly noticed Rino all game apart from the occasional back pass. Im struggling to see what he adds.

I think weve just had a shocking window.

No we weren't it was a half hearted press. Robinson was attempting to. Sawyers and Ojo were strolling around. It was as bad as Swansea at home last season.
    I'll disagree Hilts. We were committing to many players when we were pressing leaving Hull to piss through us during the first half. If we are going to play like that then we have to have a high line, the defence needs to be further up the pitch to counter the space left by the press, although that can bring another set of problems. That's how i saw it. Whatever it was, it was messy.

As shocking as Sawyers and Ojo were I hardly noticed Rino all game apart from the occasional back pass. Im struggling to see what he adds.

I think weve just had a shocking window.
    I'd agree.

Although Hull were definitely better than us they didn't have the handicap of having Sawyer, Ojo and Nelson playing for them.