Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
We have sent a good lad from the shop floor on an advanced first aid course and then called him a doctor.

Harris was supposed to be our transition manager from the Warnock direct era, he was neither Warnock or Pep
Mick was an admission of that failure by getting a dinosaur to emulate Warnock although Warnock systems were light years ahead of Micks
Morison sold the hierarchy that he could change a culture without much cash, he couldn't we were going down. Why would you let someone, not from the footballing culture you want to become be in charge of your transition ? If we were to be a Gegenpress outfit, go into Bunderliga 2 or and get someone who has immersed themselves in every variant of that game. If its Pep ball go into La liga 2 or lower and find someone. We went for a Bruiser from Millwall

Championship football is simple. Defenders defend, our left back hasn't a clue and we are under sized in the centre halfs
Midfeilders try to win the ball back and pass it to our skilled players, we are OK to good at this.
Forwards should be your most skilled flair players and are traditionally a bit shy in the workload depart, ours are all workers devoid of any flair or raw pace. (Penny did drop with Philogene recently)

We have no set play game as we don't have the guile or the beef to impose ourselves on them.

This is not a plastic Jonny come Lately crowd, they know a dud when they see one, so are subdued and hence the atmosphere.

We need a 9, CR is not the main man he is a wide forward/ second striker or 10. He is by far our best forward.
Yeah, excellent post.

I'm enjoying this thread. Best football thread we've had in ages. Great argument and counter argument and some no-nonsense analyses.

I've got a few questions and a couple of observations from yesterday about things I don't fully understand.

The first and main point is why did Sheffield United only beat us 0-1? They should have and could have toyed with us, but didn't. In the first half, we looked like the better team but at the same time we looked crap. In the second half (which for me was so boring and ponderous) Sheffield looked the better side but were still crap and let's be honest scored from a mistake. A point would have been very flattering to us (but not undeserved) and a disaster to United.

Why, if we're so crap (and I think we are and can't stand watching us tbh because I think we're a rag-tag outfit)?

Just on observation as well. When Harris was being subbed for Colwill he trudged off the park like we were a goal up and parking the bus for the final 15-20 mins against a better outfit. Except we were 0-0 at this point and I turned to a mate at the time and said, "we're not going for a win then are we?".

Shortly afterwards, they scored and surprise surprise, when we made substitutions, the were off and on like whippets out of a trap. That's at home. That's what we've become.

As many have said, there isn't anyone on the park I go down to see. I think when Isaak Davies was playing was the last time I was looking forward to going down The City. I also have to be honest and say I can't stand watching Colwill anymore.

Just some thoughts and observations really but we have managed not to be stuffed against better sides at home and I wonder why that is when we clearly deserve to be in my view (or as yesterday, should have been by the top of the table side). Are we close to being a decent side or is this just an anomaly and random?