+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Welsh players skip training 48 hrs before opening match

Re: 5 Welsh players skip training 48 hrs before opening match

I know my attitude is wrong really, but I’m happy that I feel this way. Back in 2016, I had no expectations whatsoever - I would genuinely have been happy just seeing us score a goal because getting there was the achievement as far as I was concerned. I feel the same about this tournament - if we go out with no points and no goals, so be it. These are shit times to live through, so thanks Wales for providing something to celebrate even if it doesn’t go as well as we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So, if our better players don't perform, then we could come unstuck. You don't say.
    The reason is collectively they will have more purpose, not necessarily having better players, while we tend to rely on our talisman being at the top of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    US have been shite leading up to the tournament and to be honest for most of the past 18 months, but on paper you’d say they’ve got more players at the very top level even if they don’t play regularly. It will be a pretty close game and I can see 1-1.

Second place in the group could come down to goal difference as I think the US and Wales both have enough to beat Iran.
    Here's our form leading up to the WC .. P5 W0 D1 L4

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Exactly.
    I'm honestly finding the negativity truly astonishing.
    There are no expectations.
    We didn't even expect to be here.
    Ultimately it's 11 men v 11 men in each game. We have the technical proficiency to get through this group if we couple that with spirit and effort, which, I am sure, we will have in abundance.

The defeatist attitude is truly astonishing.
    We're yet to kick a ball and some clearly have us on the plane home already!

F*CK OFF!
    May as well shut the forum down then if debate and polite conversation isn't allowed anymore, and everybody has to conform to your will.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In a Nations League group with Holland, Belgium and Poland, and were massively unlucky in at least 3 of those games. In the same period the US have lost 2-0 to Japan (but should have been 5-0), drawn with Saudi Arabia and El Salvador and have generally looked terrible doing so. Plus have a number of center backs out and their best GK has been so poor he didn't even make the squad.

Again, I'm not saying we are a better team than the US, especially not on paper, but they have as many reasons to be pessimistic ahead of the tournament as us, if not more.

England and USA must be strong favourites to go through. We should beat Iran, but I just don't think the squad is as strong as a lot of people are making out.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    In a Nations League group with Holland, Belgium and Poland, and were massively unlucky in at least 3 of those games. In the same period the US have lost 2-0 to Japan (but should have been 5-0), drawn with Saudi Arabia and El Salvador and have generally looked terrible doing so. Plus have a number of center backs out and their best GK has been so poor he didn't even make the squad.

Again, I'm not saying we are a better team than the US, especially not on paper, but they have as many reasons to be pessimistic ahead of the tournament as us, if not more.
    He's probably not their best goalkeeper then.

May as well shut the forum down then if debate and polite conversation isn't allowed anymore, and everybody has to conform to your will.
    I'm all for a healthy debate.
    As stated though, I hope our players don't feel the same way, or read some of this tripe. Negativity breeds negativity.

I'm all for a healthy debate.
    As stated though, I hope our players don't feel the same way, or read some of this tripe. Negativity breeds negativity.
    I can assure you Page will have been contemplating everything that we have been discussing on here. At lease I hope he has, as the managers job is to prepare for every eventuality, both positive and negative.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hopefully a bit of end of season fatigue to kick in for the USA….or do most play in Europe?
    Maybe about 2 or 3 starters? All the rest play at top European clubs.

Maybe about 2 or 3 starters? All the rest play at top European clubs.
    Probable Line up

Turner; Arsenal
    Dest, AC Milan
    Zimmerman, Nashville
    Long, Red Bulls
    A Robinson; Fulham
    Adams, Leeds
    McKennie, - Juve
    Aaronson; Leeds
    Reyna, Dortmund
    Ferreira, Dallas
    Pulisic - Chelsea

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-s...the-qatar-team

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Probable Line up

Turner; Arsenal
    Dest, AC Milan
    Zimmerman, Nashville
    Long, Red Bulls
    A Robinson; Fulham
    Adams, Leeds
    McKennie, - Juve
    Aaronson; Leeds
    Reyna, Dortmund
    Ferreira, Dallas
    Pulisic - Chelsea

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-s...the-qatar-team
    I think the midfield contest is going to be key, and hopefully we can put up a bit of resistance in area of the pitch.

Games we should have gotten more out of against some of the top European teams. Iran just lost 2-0 to Tunisia, the US have drawn against Saudi Arabia and El Salvador and lost to Japan. Even group favourites England are winless in 6!

Form doesn't really matter, before Euro 2016 we lost 3-0 to Sweden, 1-0 to Ukraine and drew with Northern Ireland through a last minute penalty

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Games we should have gotten more out of against some of the top European teams. Iran just lost 2-0 to Tunisia, the US have drawn against Saudi Arabia and El Salvador and lost to Japan. Even group favourites England are winless in 6!

Form doesn't really matter, before Euro 2016 we lost 3-0 to Sweden, 1-0 to Ukraine and drew with Northern Ireland through a last minute penalty
    Agreed. USA's games against Saudia Arabia and Japan were both friendlies so I don't think you can read too much into the results. I'm expecting a tight game with hopefully a sprinkling of Welsh magic being the difference.

Exactly.
    I'm honestly finding the negativity truly astonishing.
    There are no expectations.
    We didn't even expect to be here.
    Ultimately it's 11 men v 11 men in each game. We have the technical proficiency to get through this group if we couple that with spirit and effort, which, I am sure, we will have in abundance.

The defeatist attitude is truly astonishing.
    We're yet to kick a ball and some clearly have us on the plane home already!

F*CK OFF!
    Now you know how I feel when you continually post negative comments about all things City.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Now you know how I feel when you continually post negative comments about all things City.
    You clearly don't read my posts then do you?
    Stop acting like a turnip and go read the many positive ones I've posted.

Five players have skipped the first half too

You clearly don't read my posts then do you?
    Stop acting like a turnip and go read the many positive ones I've posted.
    Bore off with your negativity

Do you think they're better than us?
    I certainly don't.
    If we can't beat a shite side like the US, we have no right to stay in this tournament.
    We will beat them though.
    And England.
    This aged well

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Bore off with your negativity
    You've said that a couple of times tonight to different people.
    You're boring me with "bore off" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    This aged well
    5 at the back.
    Enough said really innit.
    Negative tactics will always equal negative results.
    I don't really need to defend myself under the circumstances, but it never ceases to amaze me how many "point scorers" absolutely litter this message board.

Have a word with yourself ffs. Have you got nothing more to contribute on here than to attempt to "score points"?

5 at the back.
    Enough said really innit.
    Negative tactics will always equal negative results.
    I don't really need to defend myself under the circumstances, but it never ceases to amaze me how many "point scorers" absolutely litter this message board.

Have a word with yourself ffs. Have you got nothing more to contribute on here than to attempt to "score points"?
    Couldn't care less about point scoring but you obviously had no knowledge of the strengths of the US team.