+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coventry City evicted by Mike Ashley

Re: Coventry City evicted by Mike Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm saying he isn't as bad an owner as many will have you believe.

So far in this thread I've asked why he is so bad. I've had articles about employees at Sports Direct and proof he didn't perform as well as one of the most successful periods in Newcastle's history.
    That doesn't make him a terrible football club owner.
    .....but he really doesn't come over a fab chap is all.

The Wonga deal should be enough to send him to hell.

I was going to say 50K Newcastle supporters can't be wrong but then again to play devil's advocate for a moment, they are now slathered in Saudi oil so....what am I doing? I should be in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ok, fine, you don't think that he's that bad. More power to you! What it has to do with Vincent Tan is a mystery though.
    It's wtf it's got to do with Harold Shipman and a coconut-eating fat tw@t I'm more concerned about. Get surreal will you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

I was going to say 50K Newcastle supporters can't be wrong but then again to play devil's advocate for a moment, they are now slathered in Saudi oil so....what am I doing? I should be in bed.
    Exactly.

Saying Mike Ashley is a terrible man and then selling their soul to the Saudis takes some front.

come over AS a fab chap!!!!

oh buddha....

Exactly.

Saying Mike Ashley is a terrible man and then selling their soul to the Saudis takes some front.
    I do agree with that.

There's much worse than Vincent Tan as well. That's not really an argument to support someone or something.
    That was my point i.e. don't ask me to choose.

That was my point i.e. don't ask me to choose.
    Can't believe you said that i eat Coconuts...

Can't believe you said that i eat Coconuts...
    ...yeah, that looks bad...

Reading this thread is difficult. Why does every topic have to be so polarised? Why can't discussion be the enjoyable part of a message board as is surely the idea? Acceptance of other views tolerated? Why more than ever are we in one camp or another? Does everything have to be so personal?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    Reading this thread is difficult. Why does every topic have to be so polarised? Why can't discussion be the enjoyable part of a message board as is surely the idea? Acceptance of other views tolerated? Why more than ever are we in one camp or another? Does everything have to be so personal?
    It is very rare for someone on here to see both sides of an argument, to understand that there is more information to be known than we may be aware of at any juncture and to appreciate nuance.
    Just make sure you read the posts by those who make the effort in those areas.

Another thread derailed by blue lewj's obsession with Tan. He will be the death of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another thread derailed by blue lewj's obsession with Tan. He will be the death of this forum.

How have I derailed it?

I asked how he was a bad owner?
    All we've got up to now is Newcastle didn't do as well after he took over.

Can people not compare VT to other owners now?
    The comparison was made as some on here will have you believe he is a very good owner. If Ashley is terrible then why can't we compare?

Apologies if it detracted from the 200 posts you made in the meantime.

How have I derailed it?

I asked how he was a bad owner?
    All we've got up to now is Newcastle didn't do as well after he took over.

Can people not compare VT to other owners now?
    The comparison was made as some on here will have you believe he is a very good owner. If Ashley is terrible then why can't we compare?

Apologies if it detracted from the 200 posts you made in the meantime.
    So basically you only want to compare VT with other owners and clubs when it suits do you? You wont entertain discussion when people bring up clubs that have gone into freefall since VT has owned City and how we could have had much worse owners. You only want to compare with people who think are better owners.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Exactly.

There are actually people in this thread who thinks that he wants a football ground with nobody playing in it.
    Maybe he will whack a roof on it and turn it into a big dome to live in.

Not a bad idea actually. Send people like you there so you can stop boring others repeating yourself over and over and over . The 2022 version of 'Sending someone to Coventry'.

Not a bad idea actually. Send people like you there so you can stop boring others repeating yourself over and over and over . The 2022 version of 'Sending someone to Coventry'.
    Maybe we should send you there.
    I'd guess around a good 11,000 plus of your posts are either boring, snipes at others or both.

Maybe we should send you there.
    I'd guess around a good 11,000 plus of your posts are either boring, snipes at others or both.
    Conveniently swerved my other post I see. Hypocrite.

Conveniently swerved my other post I see. Hypocrite.
    Explain what is hypocritical. Not comparing Tan with an owner who doesn't feature in this thread is not hypocritical.

I am comparing him with an owner that is apparently terrible. In my opinion Tan has been worse.

How it is hypocritical I don't know.

Explain what is hypocritical. Not comparing Tan with an owner who doesn't feature in this thread is not hypocritical.

I am comparing him with an owner that is is apparently terrible. In my opinion Tan has been worse.

How it is hypocritical I don't know.
    But when people compare Tan with owners of Pompey and Bolton for example, who have had far worst owners, you dont want to entertain the comparison. That is what is hypocritical. Only want to make comparisons when it suits.

Besides, back to the thread in hand. Youve derailed it by bringing Tan into it. its a thread about Coventry and Mike Ashley not Vincent Tan. Bore off.

In my opinion Tan has been worse.
    Yeah, we know. You've made 3500 posts saying the same thing. You could cure insomnia.

But when people compare Tan with owners of Pompey and Bolton for example, who have had far worst owners, you dont want to entertain the comparison. That is what is hypocritical. Only want to make comparisons when it suits.

Besides, back to the thread in hand. Youve derailed it by bringing Tan into it. its a thread about Coventry and Mike Ashley not Vincent Tan. Bore off.
    Why would I compare Tan with the Pompey or Bolton owner in a thread about Mike Ashley?

Have I got to do the other 91 clubs or will two suffice?

You need to bore off and read up what hypocrisy means, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I can see his reasoning. There's plenty of uses for a 30,000 seater, sky blue stadium just on the edge of Coventry that don't involve Coventry City.
    Housing , retail , just ask Scam Hammam

First the Luftwaffe drops 198 tons of bombs on them now a shopping bombs them out , just stop buying his gear as its funding his attempt of global domination

That's like p*rn for you Des!
    What do you mean “a bit like”, it’s full on mate, just add in Castrol R and …….

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    What do you mean “a bit like”, it’s full on mate, just add in Castrol R and …….