+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Southgate Is A Gent

Re: Gareth Southgate Is A Gent

The English FA can afford the best manager money could buy if they really wanted to win it.

Nice guy, naive manager.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Top international sides win things

France , Spain , Argentina , Portugal , Brazil , Belgium , Germany

And that's it
    Remind me what Belgium have won again?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The English FA can afford the best manager money could buy if they really wanted to win it.

Nice guy, naive manager.
    I don't buy that at international level. Chris Coleman got us to the semis of Euro 2016. Would any top international side take a punt on Coleman? No.

Do I reckon the best manager in the world would have got England to have beaten France tonight? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't buy that at international level. Chris Coleman got us to the semis of Euro 2016. Would any top international side take a punt on Coleman? No.

Do I reckon the best manager in the world would have got England to have beaten France tonight? No.
    I think this is a fair assessment. It pains me to say it but after France scored their 1st, England were the better side for much of the game.
    It doesn't pain me to see them go out, though

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I think this is a fair assessment. It pains me to say it but after France scored their 1st, England were the better side for much of the game.
    It doesn't pain me to see them go out, though
    They were. France had the moments of quality when it mattered. France were defensively stupid and could have cost themselves a semi final place.

christ almighty...welsh on here defending the english sides loss like it meant something.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    christ almighty...welsh on here defending the english sides loss like it meant something.
    Not sure what you mean.
    If you watch that game as a neutral, France dominated the game until their first goal. Then England really took over the game.
    When England scored France went at it again.

I was hoping France would win the game but being Welsh doesn't mean you can't watch what is happening in front of you

Top international sides win things

France , Spain , Argentina , Portugal , Brazil , Belgium , Germany

And that's it
    Belgium?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Belgium?
    Just a slip of the keyboard

Still better than England

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

That’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it but o respectfully disagree.

England should be winning major trophies with their talent. Wales are never going to be on same ball park.

England should be winning major trophies with their talent. Wales are never going to be on same ball park.
    They didn't create many chances for a team that should be winning major trophies. Thought they were poor in the business end.

Do you think any England players would get into a let's call it world class 11 ?

I don't think so and that's the problem . England .....I mean the fans , the pundits and the media ......THINK players like Kane are world class ?

They don't have enough players to turn games

That cross into the 6 yard box for the France header tonight ? Perfect

England had lots of possession but they didn't produce enough of that sort of clear chances

They are a good side but not quite clinical or classy enough

I am not crying over it , we are unlikely to ever compete with England but they are not football giants either

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    They didn't create many chances for a team that should be winning major trophies. Thought they were poor in the business end.
    That's my view as well

Not sure what you mean.
    If you watch that game as a neutral, France dominated the game until their first goal. Then England really took over the game.

I was hoping France would win the game but being Welsh doesn't mean you can't watch what is happening in front of you
    You live in the UK i don't My experience of english"ex pats" is that they think the are the best in the world and i'm very happy to see them fail.and fail and fail.

They have Jude Bellingham. If people can't see what a talent he is then I'm not sure what is needed to qualify as such. He's an incredible player already and I can only wish that Wales had somebody half as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    They have Jude Bellingham. If people can't see what a talent he is then I'm not sure what is needed to qualify as such. He's an incredible player already and I can only wish that Wales had somebody half as good.
    He's a very good prospect but he's not Messi

Kane is never as good as Giroud

Really good players are not world class tournament winners

England have a good work ethic but do not have enough to trouble the top table

Every time they come up against a really good side they get dumped out

For the recent euros England beat Germany before losing to Italy and Germany were poor
    Kane is clearly better than Giroud - he's played well this tournament, but nothing to show for it.

He's a very good prospect but he's not Messi
    who is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Kane is clearly better than Giroud - he's played well this tournament, but nothing to show for it.
    He's clearly not

He's a good player but he's not world class

Belgium?
    Not sure what you mean.

Yes England were the better side for most of the game, but a couple of moments of quality and France won - it happens, but I think the English can hold their heads up high, no disgrace in losing a tight game against a quality opposition. If England had won thy would now be big favourites for the trophy, as it it, France will probably win it now.

There are some world class players in that tournament

The problem for England is they don't have any of them

Saka apart, nail on the head.

who is?
    Bellingham is no .......insert really great players name here .......

Yes England were the better side for most of the game, but a couple of moments of quality and France won - it happens, but I think the English can hold their heads up high, no disgrace in losing a tight game against a quality opposition. If England had won thy would now be big favourites for the trophy, as it it, France will probably win it now.
    I would laugh myself to death if they lost to Morocco 🇲🇦

Belgium?
    Bellingham is no .......insert really great players name here .......
    only 19 and standing out in a side full of established champions league level players is seriously impressive,

only 19 and standing out in a side full of established champions league level players is seriously impressive,
    What's the Belgium link ?

You are believing the hype if you think he's seriously impressive , if he performs again in the next euros then maybe