+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer embargo confirmed

Re: Transfer embargo confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Our so called CEO on the current first team manager, who has been the assistant manager for over a year - “I don’t know him terribly well”.

Good grief.
    He also says the embargo's pretty meaningless until January. Because nobody starts any sort of negotiations until the window's actually open do they!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    New manager to get the best out of these players or guaranteed relegation.
    Warnock in?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Warnock in?
    He would be perfect till the end of the season then a long term manager installed

But it's not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He would be perfect till the end of the season then a long term manager installed

But it's not going to happen
    No he's not. He likes height, big footballers and pace out wide. We don't have any of that and can't sign anyone.

He wouldn't have a faintest idea what to do with our squad. He'd probably lump Colwill up front to win headers and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No he's not. He likes height, big footballers and pace out wide. We don't have any of that and can't sign anyone.

He wouldn't have a faintest idea what to do with our squad. He'd probably lump Colwill up front to win headers and hope.
    He can turn a sixpence into six quid

I personally think if we could find a manager like warnock for the blood and thunder and a coach to work on the passing game we would have the perfect fit

What's certain is that we are going down if we can't win games like today

He can turn a sixpence into six quid

I personally think if we could find a manager like warnock for the blood and thunder and a coach to work on the passing game we would have the perfect fit

What's certain is that we are going down if we can't win games like today
    Like the players he signed after our relegation?

What players do we have to play a blood and thunder game? We don't. Accept the fact. A manager won't turn our players into a blood and thunder team.

What players do we have to play a blood and thunder game? We don't. Accept the fact. A manager won't turn our players into a blood and thunder team.
    Blood and Thunder... Sounds like a Fascist Rock Band.

He could do it

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Blood and Thunder... Sounds like a Fascist Rock Band.
    Rock bands generally ain't fascists

In fact most are anti fascist

There are a lot of white power bands that play with that sort of cobblers

you know its bad when people ( Sludge mainly ) are thinking that warnock is the answer

He could do it
    Like he did after we were relegated?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you know its bad when people ( Sludge mainly ) are thinking that warnock is the answer
    Come on, if anyone is thinking Sludge has the answer they don't know this messageboard.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Well someone like him is clearly needed if not the man himself

We can sit around and knit and have cups of tea but we are going down so something has to be done

Like he did after we were relegated?
    Well everyone knows apart from you that we were very unlucky to get relegated ....that could deffo be blamed on the ref

After we were relegated I don't recall us being in Huddersfield position ?

That's where we are headed

I think we have a decent squad of players. We need an experienced hand to get the best out of them, particularly now a transfer embargo is in place.
    FWIW I think there are 5/6 teams as bad, if not worse than us and I dont think it needs a magician to get us up the table. I am not a great fan of Warnock, but either him or someone of that ilk is needed.

Well everyone knows apart from you that we were very unlucky to get relegated ....that could deffo be blamed on the ref

After we were relegated I don't recall us being in Huddersfield position ?

That's where we are headed
    Go on, have a poll on whether we were unlucky to have been relegated from the Prem. If 10% say we were I'd be amazed. We were relegated because we weren't good enough and I've not known a City fan claim we were relegated because we were unlucky.

If you're talking about the Chelski offside, get over it. Look at Bamba's winner earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think we have a decent squad of players. We need an experienced hand to get the best out of them, particularly now a transfer embargo is in place.
    FWIW I think there are 5/6 teams as bad, if not worse than us and I dont think it needs a magician to get us up the table. I am not a great fan of Warnock, but either him or someone of that ilk is needed.
    Experience, yes. Warnock, no.

Go on, have a poll on whether we were unlucky to have been relegated from the Prem. If 10% say we were I'd be amazed. We were relegated because we weren't good enough and I've not known a City fan claim we were relegated because we were unlucky.

If you're talking about the Chelski offside, get over it. Look at Bamba's winner earlier in the season.
    Fecking hell we were robbed ff sake

Does the transfer embargo mean that players can't be sold?

Experience, yes. Warnock, no.
    Experience .....

Jones .....achieved nowt

Mad Mick .....ditto

Warnock .....rescued us from relegation .....deja vu the way things are going .....and then led us to promotion

He or his clone is exactly what we need

Not someone with experience ....like Jones....or McCarthy.......someone like warnock or warnock

Either Hudson starts getting results or we make a move . Hudson a good guy and may with time be a good manager ....but time is something that's running out

I think I read this a bit different to the rest of you. I think Dalman is signalling that we will pay - despite saying there is no intention to do so. The club clearly has an intention to get *something* out of negotiations but still pay. God knows what that is though.

Re: Transfer Embargo

Can’t see this as a problem, would you trust our ‘transfer committee’ to sign anyone decent?

Rock bands generally ain't fascists

In fact most are anti fascist

There are a lot of white power bands that play with that sort of cobblers
    Eric Clapton?

Experience .....

Jones .....achieved nowt

Mad Mick .....ditto

Warnock .....rescued us from relegation .....deja vu the way things are going .....and then led us to promotion

He or his clone is exactly what we need

Not someone with experience ....like Jones....or McCarthy.......someone like warnock or warnock

Either Hudson starts getting results or we make a move . Hudson a good guy and may with time be a good manager ....but time is something that's running out
    I can see Warnock being in charge come January.

Small revenues in via fans creates the squeeze ,you cant say the club has spent millions , so its is wake up call for football at large , unless you owned by a middle eastern country yer fooked ,, FFP my arse ,FFP for those with money .

Capitalism at its worse , feck the little man , calling all social minded people to turn their backs on this dreadful sport