+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Optician recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Optician recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    My eyes need an overhaul as I think I’ve come to the end of my relationship with my varifocals. I never really liked them and now I can’t get the sweet spot right for close vision and it’s causing my eyes to ache.

I was / am with SpecSavers but it’s been a few years since I was last tested.

I was hoping for a more experienced local optician who might help me with what’s best for me rather than what sells best for them.

Any suggestions in the Cardiff area?
    I have used R.N Roberts for years - get the full works, and then just asked for the written prescription. Upload it to Glasses Direct, and have 2 pairs from £15. Some really good glasses from £49 a pair also.

Ya bunch of four-eyed f*ckers

I have recently joined your club 😐

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I have used R.N Roberts for years - get the full works, and then just asked for the written prescription. Upload it to Glasses Direct, and have 2 pairs from £15. Some really good glasses from £49 a pair also.
    Most of my family use RN Roberts on the slip road at Gabalfa flyover. They did go a bit mad during Covid (it was like trying to get into Fort Knox), but I guess that was par for the course. No problems with their actual work.