+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 Q.P.R. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 Q.P.R. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You’re more like a stuck record.
    I know. I was replying to somebody already calling me one.

Tan comes up again and again because we have a squad built by a manager he installed then sacked and thought he'd use the same method to find the replacement. Seems a few don't like it mentioned.

Let's get back to slagging off Hudson who would never get near another job in this league other than under our owner and the players who are here because our owner wanted to save money on the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    so we made a good team look really poor, worse than us in fact, and nobody sees that as a positive at all?

yes it was a crap game but QPR were getting plenty behind the ball most of the second half.

I'm really surprised by the reaction to this result on here
    QPR have the 17th best form in the Championship in the last ten games. They’re not a good side at present.

We don’t convert chances, ever. It’s yet another game where we’ve played well in the first 2/3s and then completely run out of ideas. Every. Single. Week. We have scored 20 goals in 24 games. Nobody else has scored fewer.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Not doing anything.

Any anti Tan thread on here gets shouted down or in some way it feels as though many think fans can't do anything about him. They can, if they want, but he at least needs to see that people aren't happy.
    I’m not fine with how Tan is running the club. I’m sure the majority of fans aren’t fine with it either. You’ve done it a few times where you equate every failure as being Tan’s and that if anyone is not in full agreement with you, then they must find Tan and the board completely faultless.

I think Tan’s time has come to an end and I’d like to see new ownership but if he just sold up tomorrow to any body I’d be concerned. There are worse owners than Tan and there have been worse run clubs than us during his tenure.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v Q.P.R. Match thread

think Colwill did enough to keep his spot
    So did I

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m not fine with how Tan is running the club. I’m sure the majority of fans aren’t fine with it either. You’ve done it a few times where you equate every failure as being Tan’s and that if anyone is not in full agreement with you, then they must find Tan and the board completely faultless.

I think Tan’s time has come to an end and I’d like to see new ownership but if he just sold up tomorrow to any body I’d be concerned. There are worse owners than Tan and there have been worse run clubs than us during his tenure.
    There have also been a lot better.

I believe it all leads back to Tan because ultimately it does.
    Hudson is his man, as was Morison before who was trusted to build a squad. Tan is head of the transfer committee so sits in on meetings about signings and ultimately signs them off.

We can argue some signings aren't up to it. They were brought in by Tan and the people he chose to sit on the board and manage the club. I notice he liked to distance himself from the expensive ones that don't come off and make out he has been conned in some way. Little hint here but if you openly admit that managers can pull the wool over your eyes on signings then don't put yourself as head of the transfer committee.

Explain to me which part aren't Tan's doing if he hand picks the board, the manager and oversees every signing? Even if he puts faith in the manager a bit too much he picked the manager.

Its all so unnecessary as well.

Tan should sell up to one of the billionaires queing up to buy us , poach Neil Critchley from QPR and we will make a late charge to the play offs and round it off with a triumph at Wembley in May.

Damn Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There are plenty who have been using this site for ages who hardly ever go nowadays
    My one and only game this year was the 1-2 loss to Watford when Kipre scored a header..

If all our fans attended we wouldn't get in the ground week after week

People prioritise differently, we can't all be there all the time

City are stuck in a paradox - sort out our chances-to-goals ration and we'll end up mid-table, so the problem is there for all to see, but it's a problem that I don't know how a manager can sort that out easily on the training pitch. We're awful in front of goal - strikers, midfield player, the lot..

a few game ago Hudson says he and the players 'talked through' the lack of goals and the need to be clinical. Does not seem to have worked does it...?

What WAS the attendance yesterday (perceived actual rather than club inclusive of (non turned up) season ticket holders).

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    a few game ago Hudson says he and the players 'talked through' the lack of goals and the need to be clinical. Does not seem to have worked does it...?

What WAS the attendance yesterday (perceived actual rather than club inclusive of (non turned up) season ticket holders).
    18549 poor souls

18549 ???? no way were there that many ACTUALLY at the game...the stadium was about one third full of that from what I could see on stream.

18549 ???? no way were there that many ACTUALLY at the game...the stadium was about one third full of that from what I could see on stream.
    It was a bit busier than that. I’m guessing around the 14k mark with ~500 from QPR.

I’d say yesterday is a pretty good indicator of the sort of crowds we’d get if we were relegated.

Started to watch Reading v Swans, but almost as dross as our game. Switched to Chelsea v Bournemouth. I know it's PL but the pace and drive is so much higher. You do not have to have higher wages to put in a higher effort with pace. As has been mentioned....the lack of PACE is a big problem with City....it is all too slow going forward, giving the opposing defence time to get back.. We treat games like a training exercise.

City support Shelter Cymru
    The football community knows the importance of home. But this year, thousands of people will be spending Christmas in hostels, on friends’ sofas, or even sleeping in freezing cars.

This is something we can’t ignore. So, we are making a stand. We’re proud to support Shelter Cymru by wearing our away colours this Boxing Day, to show our support and raise vital funds for those with no safe place to call home.

Shelter Cymru’s frontline services are braced for an incredibly tough winter as the cost-of-living crisis bites, with 1 in 4 people in Wales afraid they may become homeless within a year.

Whether you are watching at the ground or following along from home this Christmas, join the movement fighting to defend the right to a safe, secure and affordable home for everyone.

Get involved by swapping your home colours for an away or third kit and text ‘HOME’ to 70480 to donate £10. You can also donate by clicking here.

Every penny donated will be spent in Wales, and will help bring someone in our nation a step closer to finding, and keeping, a home. You can learn more about Shelter Cymru and the work they do here.
    Did they make their own donation or just swap the kits (that cost nothing) and wrote this piece (which probably took someone on minimum wage 10 mins to rustle up so again more or less nothing in money terms)

So basically asked the fans to donate.

Fair play that's some effort for charity that, asking fans to put their hands in their pocket

i just hope we DITCH this away kit next year...wherever we may be...it is bloody awful....who signed that off???

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Did they make their own donation or just swap the kits (that cost nothing) and wrote this piece (which probably took someone on minimum wage 10 mins to rustle up so again more or less nothing in money terms)

So basically asked the fans to donate.

Fair play that's some effort for charity that, asking fans to put their hands in their pocket
    why are people so negative about this? I can't understand it.

Started to watch Reading v Swans, but almost as dross as our game. Switched to Chelsea v Bournemouth. I know it's PL but the pace and drive is so much higher. You do not have to have higher wages to put in a higher effort with pace. As has been mentioned....the lack of PACE is a big problem with City....it is all too slow going forward, giving the opposing defence time to get back.. We treat games like a training exercise.
    The Premier League is like a different sport to the championship now.

I’ve always enjoyed the cut and thrust of the championship but I do think the standard is getting worse. You can’t blame people for preferring to watch the big teams in the Prem as it’s a completely different level.

I agree...but then again I view lower league/non league football. Yes there are more mistakes....but the pace and willingness to stream forward is more evident there....so it cannot just be down to talent....maybe it's the managers and the need to avoid defeat...

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    The Premier League is like a different sport to the championship now.

I’ve always enjoyed the cut and thrust of the championship but I do think the standard is getting worse. You can’t blame people for preferring to watch the big teams in the Prem as it’s a completely different level.
    there have always been crap games and crap sides at this level 廿, The premier League does seem to have gone up a level or two in recent years though. all that extra money has to count eventually, and teams seem a lot smarter with it these days

I am asking if the club kicked up a bit of their own cash. That's hardly negative.

worth remembering that 3 our of the front 4 from last night are still eligible for the u21 side, and it was the first time they'd all played together as a unit.
    not long ago at all that would have been unimaginable at this club

i just hope we DITCH this away kit next year...wherever we may be...it is bloody awful....who signed that off???
    Agreed. It is so hard to tell the teams apart. Admittedly it was dark and I’m colour blind but it wasn’t fun

worth remembering that 3 our of the front 4 from last night are still eligible for the u21 side, and it was the first time they'd all played together as a unit. not long ago at all that would have been unimaginable at this club
    Shots on target - zero. That’s also worth remembering.

Night Of The Living Dead on here sometimes

Tight arse taffies

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Shots on target - zero. That’s also worth remembering.
    meh, we made just about enough chances to win the game, whole not really giving them a sniff at the other end.
    we didn't take the chances and so we drew. disappointing yes, but not the disaster some seem to think it was.
    let's give these young players a run of games and see what they can do I say.