+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long until the next new Cardiff City Manager?

Re: How long until the next new Cardiff City Manager?

If he's available, I'd take Warnock as a temporary solution until the end of the season. With the transfer embargo he can't waste any money on dross signings.

He took over Rotherham when they were 2 points inside the relegation zone, they finished 9 points outside of it.

He took over us when we were 23rd and we finished 12th.

He took over Boro when they were 21st and outside of the relegation zone by 2 goals, they finished 17th and 5 points off the drop.

With our budget and in our situation I can't come up with any other names who I think would be better. Warnock has a proven track record of keeping teams up and at Boro and Rotherham he joined both clubs after the January transfer window, so he did it more or less with the squads he inherited.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    If he's available, I'd take Warnock as a temporary solution until the end of the season. With the transfer embargo he can't waste any money on dross signings.

He took over Rotherham when they were 2 points inside the relegation zone, they finished 9 points outside of it.

He took over Boro when they were 21st and outside of the relegation zone by 2 goals, they finished 17th and 5 points off the drop.

With our budget and in our situation I can't come up with any other names who I think would be better. Warnock has a proven track record of keeping teams up and at Boro and Rotherham he joined both clubs after the January transfer window, so he did it more or less with the squads he inherited.
    And they sacked him when they were 14th and finished 7th. Maybe we need the guy he was replaced by?

I think you’re right, I can’t think of a better name nevermind a name that would want to take on this squad with a transfer embargo. Warnock loves this kind of backs against the ball. For me he’s the only choice.

International

Good post and very logical, he would love to come back and is the safest pair of hands we could get to keep us up.

Plan now on his replacement at the end of the season, job done.

Going back to the original question, doesn't look like Hudson's going anywhere.

Warnock isn’t the long term answer but happy with him to try and keep us up this year.

Our future is based on one thing and one thing only, Tan finally learning from his mistakes and getting football men in to run the club and look for a long term manager. If he doesn’t we’ll be here again next season.

Warnock maintains that Mehmet is the best chairman he’s ever worked with!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Good post and very logical, he would love to come back and is the safest pair of hands we could get to keep us up.

Plan now on his replacement at the end of the season, job done.
    Where's Logic when you need him?

If we don't beat Wigan I can see Tan hitting the red button.

I despair to think who is next on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    If we don't beat Wigan I can see Tan hitting the red button.

I despair to think who is next on the list.
    He'll probably bring back the dynamic managerial duo of Gabbidon and Scott Young!!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Where's Logic when you need him?
    He disappeared when things got illogical.

It’s baffling how so many people seem to assume that Warnock coming in will guarantee we stay up.
    Times have changed - Warnock was already out of date the first time around and I’ve always thought that our promotion under him was unexpected, to say the least.
    I just don’t see it being a good idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It’s baffling how so many people seem to assume that Warnock coming in will guarantee we stay up.
    Times have changed - Warnock was already out of date the first time around and I’ve always thought that our promotion under him was unexpected, to say the least.
    I think it's a question whether Warnock would be more likely to keep City up than having Hudson in charge for the rest of the season, which for me is def. yes.

Maybe, the promotion was certainly a surprise but we need someone to keep us up. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think we have a better chance with Warnock than Hudson. Let’s be honest no one else is going to want to come here are they.

It’s not a guarantee. Nothing is in football.
    But if I’m putting money on Hudson or Warnock to keep us up I’d be putting it all on Warnock.

Also he can’t have been that out of date when we signed him, he kept Boro up 4 years after first joining us.

If Warnock did come he should do it for f*ck all after his major role in the Sala saga. His involvement with McKay was a huge factor in the whole sordid affair, which is a blockbuster plot line in the ridiculous soap opera that we're viewing close up at the moment .............I’d rather him keep away mind.

If we appoint a new manager he may possibly keep us up

Hudson needs to be removed of his duties pronto as with him in charge we are definitely going down 👇

Unexpected in that the second best team in the division were promoted ?

I imagine Warnock is too smart to take this job, the squad he inherited in 2015 was filled with good Championship players, same with when he took over at Boro, they were both underperforming teams. Our squad is crap and is probably performing to its level, failure is far more likely this time than it was then

Can anyone read this? I assume there's nothing in it other than pure speculation https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/s...rn-for-warnock

Apologies...that article was January 2022!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Unexpected in that the second best team in the division were promoted ?
    Unexpected in that the club were ill prepared (both on and off the field) for a promotion and our squad wasn’t really that brilliant, so unexpected - yes.

I reckon Hudson will be doomed if we lose at home to Wigan.

Unexpected in that the club were ill prepared (both on and off the field) for a promotion and our squad wasn’t really that brilliant, so unexpected - yes.
    Wasn't that good that it finished in the automatic promotion places ?

There is logic in your madness somewhere I hope ?

International

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I reckon Hudson will be doomed if we lose at home to Wigan.
    I think he'll be gone by then.