+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FT: LEEDS UNITED 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: LEEDS UNITED 5 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Nobody is having a go at him.
    This isn't who is the worst player on the pitch. He clearly wasn't. I just don't see the hype. There is a difference between picking the worst, the best and a player some have said we should build a team around.

People rate him highly. Fair enough.
    He needs to start producing though and very soon if he is going to be a shining light in this City team. At the minute he isn't much above the complete dross just below him.
    Agreed. And I don't believe it's anything to do with position.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse set of Wales Online markings as these.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...leeds-26013777
    The walesonline website should be illegal it's so bad. Id rather be rickrolled than click on another walesonline link.

Nobody is having a go at him.
    This isn't who is the worst player on the pitch. He clearly wasn't. I just don't see the hype. There is a difference between picking the worst, the best and a player some have said we should build a team around.

People rate him highly. Fair enough.
    He needs to start producing though and very soon if he is going to be a shining light in this City team. At the minute he isn't much above the complete dross just below him.
    What is Colwill going to do when 7/8 players in the side are abysmally bad, and to be honest, the bloke ahead of his isn't great. Colwill was probably one of our three best players with Nelson and Mark Harris. The squad is comically bad. Tonight was embarrassing but nobody needs to write about Colwill. Sang, Bagan, Simpson and Sawyers were truly, truly awful. The squad is shocking, it just looks worse and worse every game.

Colwill isn't a winger, though but drawing any conclusions about him tonight is mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. And I don't believe it's anything to do with position.
    I'm not sure he does enough to be marked out as star player. He is better than a fair few in the team but let's be honest a fair chunk are crap.

Does he beat a man? Not really.
    Does he score? Not prolific by anybody's reckoning.
    Has he got pace? Not really.
    Does he produce for others and assist? No
    Can he produce the odd quality shot or free kick? I think QPR and Forest last season show he has it in his skill set.
    Does he look for and get on the ball as much as he can? Not really.

In short I'm asking those that rate him what he does and does well to mark him out as a star at this club for years to come and in this team?
    He looks a decent player and nothing more at this stage for me.

Opinions differ naturally but they need to be backed up at times. One assist in his whole career doesn't mark out some great play maker to be for me. Maybe others see more. I'm asking what they see.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What is Colwill going to do when 7/8 players in the side are abysmally bad, and to be honest, the bloke ahead of his isn't great. Colwill was probably one of our three best players with Nelson and Mark Harris. The squad is comically bad. Tonight was embarrassing but nobody needs to write about Colwill. Sang, Bagan, Simpson and Sawyers were truly, truly awful. The squad is shocking, it just looks worse and worse every game.

Colwill isn't a winger, though but drawing any conclusions about him tonight is mental.
    Nobody is drawing conclusions tonight.
    I am stating stats from his whole career. One assist having featured in 53 games for City is what he has created for others.

He was being discussed as people were shocked he was subbed. For me he didn't do a great deal more than most others on the pitch that first half.

Re: LEEDS UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The Rashford / Fernandez decision was clearly wrong. The officials / VAR can’t use that decision as a barometer for future decisions. At the end of the day he’s in the keepers eye line, centre of the goal 3 clear yards offside.
    I think the offside rule is stupid but Video evidence showed he wasn't obstructing the keepers view of Nelson's header and didn't attempt to play the ball.

The rule should change though and both goals disallowed.

Nobody is slating him.

I don't see the hype that's all. Some people see a future star. I think at 21, if he is that good, he should be producing more. I just see a potentially solid Championship player.
    I don't think he is anywhere near the standard of Robinson if we are picking a number 10 to build the team around.
    And hype it is. There's a handful on here who are almost messianic about Colwill and for the life of me I just can't see why. He's been with the club for 13 years - I think what you now see is as close to the finished article as possible.

Nobody is drawing conclusions tonight.
    I am stating stats from his whole career. One assist having featured in 53 games for City is what he has created for others.

He was being discussed as people were shocked he was subbed. For me he didn't do a great deal more than most others on the pitch that first half.
    To do more than most others, Colwill had to not be embarrassingly bad. He achieved that. I was shocked when he went off, as were others around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Fuming there was only 2 minutes added on just as we were making a comeback
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    yes...a pretty blunt and honest assessment.....big big trouble....
    Liz Truss can see this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    And hype it is. There's a handful on here who are almost messianic about Colwill and for the life of me I just can't see why. He's been with the club for 13 years - I think what you now see is as close to the finished article as possible.
    Do I want City to produce high quality players that raise the quality of the squad when they break through? Of course I do.

I won't pretend that a player is better than he is because he is one of a crop of players that were forced into the squad because Tan wanted to save a few quid though.
    He certainly has the tools to be a top player but I also think his feet are a bit slow and he's not the quickest.

Top players get on the ball and produce results. They beat a man, they assist, they score.
    Until you do that with any regularity then you're not at that level yet. Tonight he looked slightly better than the majority of a City team who had one of the worst halves this season and it is up against a fair bit as bad performances go.

To do more than most others, Colwill had to not be embarrassingly bad. He achieved that. I was shocked when he went off, as were others around me.
    So not embarrassingly bad is where we are setting the bar now for a future City shining light?
    He needs to do more to be an above average midfielder in the Championship at least. Getting fit would be a start.

So not embarrassingly bad is where we are setting the bar now for a future City shining light?
    He needs to do more to be an above average midfielder in the Championship at least. Getting fit would be a start.
    Tonight's result had bugger all to do with Colwill. He was fine. Considering how bad his teammates were, that's pretty impressive. A 20 year old Aaron Ramsey would have struggled to shine in that side tonight.

Difficult to know where to start. Think it really showed the mess the club is in. Fortunately it was a cup game. Millwall is far more important.
    An experienced manager and 2/3 players prepared to leave it all on the pitch are needed immediately.

Tonight's result had bugger all to do with Colwill. He was fine. Considering how bad his teammates were, that's pretty impressive. A 20 year old Aaron Ramsey would have struggled to shine in that side tonight.
    I'm not blaming Colwill for the result tonight.
    Not in any way.

A 20 year old Aaron Ramsey had been at Arsenal two years already. Not in the same stratosphere sadly.

I'm not blaming Colwill for the result tonight.
    Not in any way.

A 20 year old Aaron Ramsey had been at Arsenal two years already. Not in the same stratosphere sadly.
    Exactly, and he'd have done nothing in that side either.

Before the 2008 cup final the biggest clubs wanted Ramsey. Struggling to see the same with Colwill.

Ramsey would have done nothing yet Robinson came on and got two goals? Second a penalty he won himself. We will agree to disagree. Ramsey looked for the ball and when he got it produced quality on a regular basis.

I hope you are not expecting Colwill to hit Ramsey's heights because that is never happening.

I'm still waiting for people to list all Colwill's qualities. Measurable qualities.

Colwill has talent

He's not a energy filled box to box player like Ramsey

Different sort of footballer

He's not being lauded as the answer to our troubles but if he was fit and playing regularly he would certainly be very important for us

He's not playing regularly because he's not as good as rambo , he's not playing because he's carrying an injury

That's not his fault and certainly doesn't mean the poor sod should be torn apart on here

For those that want pretty football we have a player that can provide this when he's fit yet some are dragging down the very sort of player they crave before he's even a regular in the side

Typical Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Colwill has talent

He's not a energy filled box to box player like Ramsey

Different sort of footballer

He's not being lauded as the answer to our troubles but if he was fit and playing regularly he would certainly be very important for us

He's not playing regularly because he's not as good as rambo , he's not playing because he's carrying an injury

That's not his fault and certainly doesn't mean the poor sod should be torn apart on here

For those that want pretty football we have a player that can provide this when he's fit yet some are dragging down the very sort of player they crave before he's even a regular in the side

Typical Cardiff City
    Nobody is tearing him apart.

He doesn't look too far ahead of a very poor City team at present.

Some think he will push on and we should build a team around him. I'm yet to be convinced he is that quality of player.

I know I got involved in it early on, but why has this thread turned into another debate about Colwill when players like Sang, Simpson, Bagan, Sawyers, Rinomhota, Harris and Etete were a disgrace to the shirt last night?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times, please, please, please, NEVER PUT OJO IN A CITY SHIRT AGAIN
    Your hatred is blinding you, he was one of the few players who actually tried.

I know I got involved in it early on, but why has this thread turned into another debate about Colwill when players like Sang, Simpson, Bagan, Sawyers, Rinomhota, Harris and Etete were a disgrace to the shirt last night?
    Because they’re not being hailed as the future of our club. If any of them never played for us again I wouldn’t bay an eyelid.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Your hatred is blinding you, he was one of the few players who actually tried.
    I agree, I was surprised but I thought that Ojo put in a real shift.

I also had a go at Sang and Bagan earlier but the whole place is a shambles at the moment and it must be affecting the youngsters far more than the older players. Until the dust settles (if it ever does) I think we should cut all of the young ones some slack, get off their backs and judge them when things are more settled. It ain't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Because they’re not being hailed as the future of our club. If any of them never played for us again I wouldn’t bay an eyelid.
    I don't see anyone hailing Colwill as the future of the club, what I see is that in a side almost completely lacking creativity and flair, there is a young player who has shown glimpses of those qualities in the past who barely ever plays in the first team these days - that seems barmy to me.