Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
Leeds are an excellent counter attacking side, so going a goal down in the first minute absolutely ruined any chance we had of getting a result.
Sang did poorly for that goal, not challenging either the ball or the man, but we were clearly resting people for the Millwall game, so I'm not sure who else we could have played there.

once we were behind Leeds could just pick us off on the break time and time again.

shit result but exactly what we deserved.

don't see the need to single out Colwill for criticism at all, everyone said when we started to have youngsters in the team that they would make mistakes and be inconsistent but they need to go through that to become better players in the long run- then people seem to forget that and write them off as soon as they have a below par game.

do we really want to return to the days when we have an average team age of 30 and our young player of the year is 25?
Not really. I'd take a mid table older age group than what we currently have though.

We're not producing world beaters.
If saying that a player isn't as good as some think he is based on what I've seen during his City first team career is singling people out for criticism then the world has gone nuts.

Some people talk about him like he should be an automatic pick and a player for the future. He needs to make progress soon if that is to be the case. That's all.