+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Connor Wickham - possible short-term deal?

Re: Connor Wickham - possible short-term deal?

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Who says Wickham over Robinson? If signed, he'd be backup to Kaba.
    Forest Green may have thrown money around, but if Wickham had already been speaking to other sides higher up the ladder, who knows?

As Blue Matt said, they wanted to keep him, he walked way from an extension.
    I made a comparison between him and Robinson based on statistics, goals scored v games played this season.
    I was just making the point, that having watched Wickham a few times this season that I don't think he's what we need and I question whether he'd put the effort in to defend from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I made a comparison between him and Robinson based on statistics, goals scored v games played this season.
    I was just making the point, that having watched Wickham a few times this season that I don't think he's what we need and I question whether he'd put the effort in to defend from the front.
    I don't get that last sentence.
    He's a centre-forward. Since when did they defend from anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I don't get that last sentence.
    He's a centre-forward. Since when did they defend from anywhere?
    The modern style of playing out from the back, would you not want your strikers to be hungry to chase the ball down, force the opposition defenders into making mistakes so you win the ball higher up the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    The modern style of playing out from the back, would you not want your strikers to be hungry to chase the ball down, force the opposition defenders into making mistakes so you win the ball higher up the pitch?
    No, in all honesty.
    I honestly think that's part of the problem with this so-called " modern game".
    Strikers are strikers. Do I expect them to chase things down and run? Of course...
    Defending though, no.
    Strikers need to be sharp enough and ready enough to break. If they're chasing everything all night, they're crackered and not much use.
    F*ck the "modern game", there are many teams that try and play this shite and fail miserably.
    I want strikers in the final third, not back at the half-way line.

This would have been a good deal five years ago but now? I’m not sure.

No, in all honesty.
    Strikers are strikers. Do I expect them to chase things down and run? Of course...
    Defending though, no.
    Strikers need to be sharp enough and ready enough to break. If they're chasing everything all night, they're crackered and not much use.
    F*ck the "modern game", there are many teams that try and play this shite and fail miserably.
    Fair enough!

International

No, in all honesty.
    Defending though, no.
    I agree about this modern game lark. The amount of teams who try and play from the back and fail is laughable. Keeper tapping it to the left back who then piss's around with the centre half only for the ball to end up back with the keeper who then hoofs it up the pitch. Utter Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I agree about this modern game lark. The amount of teams who try and play from the back and fail is laughable. Keeper tapping it to the left back who then piss's around with the centre half only for the ball to end up back with the keeper who then hoofs it up the pitch. Utter Nonsense
    You keeping well Mr Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No.

Please.

No.

Just no.
    Don't listen then.

What do I know. Hopefully he scores and keeps us up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

On the salary mentioned (2-4k a week) for the rest of the season it seems like a fair enough gamble, similar player to Robinson in some ways I gather rather than a target man to provide another option to Kaba but we are absolutely desperate for anyone who has previously scored at this level. Still not sure what some fans want on a free after the window has closed. If he scores 3 goals while he's here he's already on a better strike rate than our other options.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

International

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    On the salary mentioned (2-4k a week) for the rest of the season it seems like a fair enough gamble, similar player to Robinson in some ways I gather rather than a target man to provide another option to Kaba but we are absolutely desperate for anyone who has previously scored at this level. Still not sure what some fans want on a free after the window has closed. If he scores 3 goals while he's here he's already on a better strike rate than our other options.
    Physio's probably a bit quieter now, so he can give them some more work.

Hopefully i'm wrong and he saves the season!

Just seen this from 5th Nov (the same day we last won a match). Probably the reason why Tan's happy to offer him a contract https://mobile.twitter.com/HLTCO/sta...20472506630145