+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robinson out, O'Dowda ok

Re: Robinson out, O'Dowda ok

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I like Robinson he has a rare ability in this league awareness and intelligence, finds space, spots the channels to run into .

Perhaps a rest may help us in the final furlong ??
    I don't think a Grade 2 hamstring tear will do anything to help 'in the final furlong'. That doesn't count as 'a rest'.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Robinson out until after the international break https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...w-top-26309186
    Bring Watters back from his loan.

No, wait......

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I get the feeling that Lamouchi is a good manager for building players' confidence - individually and collectively. I like him. He is honest, talks straight (in a second language!), has built a clearly close relationship with a lot of the squad already, and is a coach as well as a manager.

I have much more confidence that he can overcome low confidence than he can deal with surprise growth spurts!
    Yes, I think you’re right. The celebration of both goals at Birmingham certainly looked like that of a squad that didn’t have the sort of cliques you associate with sides that are struggling at the bottom of the league. Of course, it’s easier to provide shows of squad unity when you’re on your way to an overdue win, but I don’t believe spirit has ever been that big a problem with this squad, it’s been confidence first and foremost.

We looked a confident team on Friday, the Birmingham win helped of course, but you’ve got to credit Lamouchi for much of this. It was a bold selection, backed up by bolder substitutions, and one which showed he had confidence in the players. I’d like to think that he will be working on the confidence of those out of the starting eleven in training as well and, on the early evidence, he looks like he is better equipped at instilling a bit of belief in players than previous managers.

Davies is better but doesn't look like the new manager fancies him

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Robinson out until after the international break https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...w-top-26309186
    Bad news about Robinson, but I think O'Dowda is the more important player. Without him, it's much harder to get the ball forward.

I agree O’Dowda would have been a bigger loss
    Perhaps a chance for Gavin Whyte
    He scored a good goal in the u23’s last week ⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bad news about Robinson, but I think O'Dowda is the more important player. Without him, it's much harder to get the ball forward.
    I understand what you’re saying, but Robinson is top of City’s goals and assists charts, and has twice as many goals and assists as O’Dowda. I think he’s a bigger miss by far.

I can understand the argument for either player but Robinson has let us down badly costing us valuable points- the petulant Red card against the Jacks and not converting any of his pelanty chances 🤔
    You could also argue that his goals have given us points to which we’re grateful but in football it’s all about luck, taking the opportunity granted at the expense of the teammate in your position out through injury
    Gavin Whyte for me
    Give the kid some game time

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I can understand the argument for either player but Robinson has let us down badly costing us valuable points- the petulant Red card against the Jacks and not converting any of his pelanty chances
    Robinson’s last assist was on 11/02. O’Dowda’s was way back on 08/10. Interestingly, Romeo has as many assists this season as O’Dowda (3).

I’m not saying O’Dowda isn’t important. He obviously is. But I do think his importance gets overstated at times.

Simpson or O’Dowda?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Robinson’s last assist was on 11/02. O’Dowda’s was way back on 08/10. Interestingly, Romeo has as many assists this season as O’Dowda (3).

I’m not saying O’Dowda isn’t important. He obviously is. But I do think his importance gets overstated at times.
    I've made the point a few times that the way O'Dowda is lauded is very telling of how the season's gone and how good/poor the squad is. He's an average to decent Championship player and has been for much of his career, but our fans go on as if he's a top player at this level which he really isn't

Interesting stat, I suppose the issue is it’s him, Simpson or Bagan at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Interesting stat, I suppose the issue is it’s him, Simpson or Bagan at left back.
    Maybe, but I don’t think O’Dowda should play at left-back anyway. Left wing-back at a push, but not left-back.

Robinson won't feature again this season if its a hamstring tear

It's March now , or will be very soon

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Robinson won't feature again this season if its a hamstring tear

It's March now , or will be very soon
    A grade 2 hamstring is (according to the interweb) 3 to 8 weeks out. If he's at the lower end of that range and has the opportunity to get back in the building, out on the grass and through his protocols..... (sorry, just had a flashback there....) he could be back for the last month of the season. If it's at the upper end of the range your prediction will be right.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A grade 2 hamstring is (according to the interweb) 3 to 8 weeks out. If he's at the lower end of that range and has the opportunity to get back in the building, out on the grass and through his protocols..... (sorry, just had a flashback there....) he could be back for the last month of the season. If it's at the upper end of the range your prediction will be right.
    It's CCFC

8 weeks

If he's back immediately after the international break wouldn't his first game be Swansea?

I can't see that ending badly...

Maybe, but I don’t think O’Dowda should play at left-back anyway. Left wing-back at a push, but not left-back.
    Maybe not but needs must I think he’s a lot better than the other two.